Deputy Head of School (Student Experience)
1 day left
- Full Time
Vacancy ID: 17026
Job Location: Gold Coast or Lismore
Work type: Full-time, continuing appointment at Associate Professor plus 3 year renewable term as Deputy Head of School (Student Experience) (ie. full-time, part-time etc)
Salary range: A remuneration package up to $171,853 per annum (inclusive of base salary $131,906-$145,218 per annum17%, employer's contribution to superannuation and leave loading.)
Southern Cross University is seeking to appoint an outstanding academic as Deputy Head of School (Student Experience) in the School of Health and Human Sciences.
This is an opportunity for an experienced and effective academic leader to join Southern Cross University, one of Australia’s most vibrant educational institutions. Southern Cross University has established a reputation for a progressive and innovative approach to tertiary education and has strong connections to the local community.
The School of Health and Human Sciences provides an exciting and innovative learning environment and works with individuals, families and communities in order to meet their health needs and requirements. The School is distinctive for its multidisciplinary understanding of client care, commitment to the prevention of disease and promotion of healthy lifestyles. The School offers fields of study across a broad range of health-related professions including biomedical science, clinical exercise physiology, diabetes education and management, midwifery, nursing, nutrition, occupational therapy, osteopathy, pedorthics, podiatry, psychology, speech pathology, and sport and exercise science.
The School delivers programs across three campus locations (Coffs Harbour, Gold Coast and Lismore) and supports degrees at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, as well as postgraduate research degrees. An evidence-based approach to education is promoted across the curricula.
Reporting to the Head of School, the Deputy Head of School (Student Experience) is responsible for the management and operational alignment of the School’s academic portfolio with a particular focus on the student learning experience.
The successful candidate will have excellent people leadership and management skills and a collegial approach. S/he will motivate others to continuously improve educational quality for students and the research profile of the School. S/he will be PhD qualified in a discipline of relevance and be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to research and other attributes key to success as a senior academic leader.
The successful applicant will actively contribute to a high performance culture in an environment which encourages collaboration and the free exchange of ideas.
The successful applicant may be required to travel between all University campuses in order to undertake their duties.
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate a capacity to lead and manage a wide and complex educational portfolio which requires demonstrated strong people management, communication and leadership skills.
- A doctoral qualification in a relevant discipline area.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively manager an allocated responsibility relating to the School's human, physical and financial resources.
- A track record in scholarship and research in teaching and learning as evidenced by publication output, grant application income and supervision of higher degree research candidates.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in research-led teaching and learning within a university environment.
- Evidence of professional engagement and commitment to regional-urban engagement.
- A capacity for adaptability and flexibility in rapidly changing higher education and teacher education environments.
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity and a working knowledge of equity and workplace health and safety principles in the workplace.
Closing date: Wednesday, 26 April 2017 at 9:00am (AEST)
To view the full position advertisement and details of the application process please click on the APPLY NOW button below where you will be redirected to the Southern Cross University website. The Vacancy ID is 17026.