Senior Lecturer in Engineering Systems & Mechanical Design
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits and flexible work options
- Four roles in research and teaching for dynamic academics
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world. The University of Adelaide is ranked 125 in the 2016-17 QS World University Rankings, 142 in the 2016-17 Times Higher Education world university rankings, and ranked 139 in the world in 2016 by the Academic Ranking of World Universities (Shanghai Jiao Tong). Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of flexible work arrangements, benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. It is a centre for learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science and high level mathematics. Academic staff are world leaders in their fields of advanced fundamental and applied research. Graduates are highly regarded by employers. The faculty offers an intellectually exciting and innovative environment in which to work. The Times Higher Education Engineering and Technology Rankings 2015-2016 ranked the Faculty at number 95 in the world, while ARWU ranked Engineering at the University of Adelaide at 102 in the world.
The School of Mechanical Engineering offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate coursework degrees in mechanical, aerospace, mechatronic, sports and sustainable energy engineering. The School offers a vibrant research culture and is one of seven schools in the Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences. Focused on knowledge generation and technological development, the School delivers programs in an environment conducive to innovation.
In the most recent Excellence in Research for Australia evaluation the University of Adelaide was rated at 5, well above world standard, in both Mechanical Engineering and Materials Engineering.
The School of Mechanical Engineering is seeking applications for four positions, three teaching and research academic roles at Level B (Lecturer), Level C (Senior Lecturer) and Level D (Associate Professor), as well as a Level C role in Systems Engineering & Mechanical Design for which we are seeking a person with extensive industry experience in engineering professional practice and the practical application of systems engineering concepts and mechanical engineering design with a demonstrated high level of competency. For this particular role, either a teaching and research academic role or a teaching-focused academic role will be possible to align with the successful applicant’s experience, strengths and development potential. Both roles offer excellent career advancement opportunities.
As a dynamic mechanical, mechatronic, sustainable energy, aeronautical, aerospace or other relevant engineer with a PhD relevant to mechanical engineering, you will have a proven research track record in areas aligned with the School's research strengths. It is expected that research will be undertaken in an area of direct relevance to the School's activities and include collaborative research with industry.
You will also have a strong commitment to excellence in teaching and research. We are seeking people with the ability and relevant experience to teach courses relevant to the School’s programs in mechanical, mechatronic, aerospace, sustainable energy and sports engineering (see http://www.adelaide.edu.au/course-outlines/ and search on MECH ENG for a list of courses and details).
Salary (Level C) $115,310 - $132,966 per annum
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position (flexible work arrangements will be considered) is available immediately.
To be successful you should have:
- Demonstrated ability to attract funding and to develop research programs in the School's areas of research strength in thermo-fluids, materials and structures, acoustics and vibrations, robotics and control, biomechanical engineering, and/or the application areas of energy, aerospace, sports, mechatronics, sustainability, marine engineering, aerodynamic design, assistive technologies and humanitarian engineering.
- An excellent publication record and a high citation index relative to opportunity, in high quality journals that are relevant to the School of Mechanical Engineering’s research strengths or are multi-disciplinary; or extensive industry experience in engineering professional practice and the practical application of systems engineering concepts and mechanical engineering design with a demonstrated high level of competency.
- Experience in teaching courses relevant to the School of Mechanical Engineering's programs in mechanical, mechatronic, aerospace, sustainable energy and sports engineering, with demonstrated effective lecturing techniques and a commitment to excellence in teaching.
- An undergraduate engineering degree in mechanical, mechatronic, sustainable energy, sports, aeronautical or aerospace engineering or a similar discipline and a PhD in an area relevant to the School's research strengths.
- An ability to work harmoniously and constructively with colleagues and to engage with external partners as part of a high-performing team culture.
Please address and upload your succinct responses to the selection criteria within the online application, together with a one page maximum Research and Teaching Profile detailing: your PhD graduation date and university; your number of accepted journal papers; your Scopus h-index; research funding awarded; your teaching experience and courses taught; and which position level (B, C or D) you are applying for. If you have any queries regarding these positions, please contact Stephen Slape, Transition Manager, telephone: +61 8 8313 4367 or email: email@example.com.
To obtain a copy of the Position Description/Selection Criteria, please visit the University of Adelaide Job opportunities page via this link: http://careers.adelaide.edu.au/cw/en/listing/
Please note if the selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 30 April 2017
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Adelaide
- Permanent General Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Adelaide
- Permanent Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Adelaide