2 days left
- Full Time
- Be at the forefront of Curriculum Design in for JCU Nursing Courses
- Work in a supported team environment
- Great opportunity to live and work in Tropical North Queensland
Provide support and high level expertise to nursing academic staff in the design and development of nursing subjects, courses and related assessments
We now have an exciting position for an Educational Designer based on our Townsville campus in picturesque North Queensland.
The Educational Designer works collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders to support the design of nursing curriculum and assessment that reflects contemporary student-centered teaching practices. The incumbent will also advise on the integration of various learning technologies to support blended learning and incorporate integrated learning into nursing programs whilst having the unique opportunity to influence how we teach Nursing in the tropics.
- Provide leadership, advice, guidance and inspiration on the use of technology in enhancing teaching and learning, specifically the Universities’ goals around blended learning.
- Contribute to specific technology-enhanced learning and teaching projects and curriculum initiatives to advance a distinctive NMN curriculum model.
- Design and deliver professional learning opportunities and educational resources to support the development of key NMN curriculum priorities, including blended learning, work integrated learning and the teaching-research nexus.
We are looking for someone who has a previous experience in the innovative integration of learning technologies in higher education learning and teaching environments with a particular commitment to developing inclusive curriculum, with particular understanding of the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
You will also:
- Have the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders across the university;
- Demonstrate success in the development of learning designs/curriculum across the health professions;
- Have previous experience in project management and working with teams, particularly relating to planning, managing and implementing curriculum reform.
College of Healthcare Sciences
As part of the Division of Tropical Health and Medicine, the College of Healthcare Sciences promotes, fosters, supports and administers quality teaching and research at JCU in the areas of Nursing, Midwifery and Nutrition, Physiotherapy, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Clinical Exercise Physiology and Sport and Exercise Science.
Consistently voted in the top 2% of universities worldwide, JCU offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth as well as diverse career opportunities. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
- generous superannuation scheme
- five weeks’ annual recreation leave
- flexible working arrangements
- attractive options for salary packaging
Join us on our journey as we develop the health professionals of the future, click on "apply now" to be taken to the JCU careers page where you can find further information on JCU, download the position description and further instructions on how to apply.
Vacancy Numbers: 15967
Applications close: 26th April 2017