Division Administrative Assistant
The successful candidate will provide administrative support for the Division of Biology and Biological Engineering (BBE), and will be responsible for the upkeep and management of the BBE website, personnel database, and Annual Report. Duties include providing backup support for BBE staff, and interacting with walk-in customers (students, staff, faculty and external).
- Assist with travel expense reports, and purchases of goods and services for assigned faculty and their lab members & guests. Process reimbursements as needed.
- Screen and route mail and telephone calls for assigned faculty, as appropriate. Process and maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- May act as liaison between the Faculty and their grant managers regarding grant proposals and deadlines.
- Maintain calendars, schedule meetings and appointments.
- Use P-Card to place orders for assigned faculty and others in BBE who do not have a P-Card. Initiate and/or place orders for supplies. Provide technical and functional expertise for P-Card to other users in BBE.
- Provide support for other BBE staff, faculty and administrators: proofreading, creating spreadsheets, sort mail, update mailboxes.
- Provide backup support for BBE event staff member, as needed.
- BBE Annual Report: create/update entire document, write/edit general pages, and liaise with faculty to create/update their profiles.
- Maintenance of BBE website: create pages and make updates, update master calendar, work with faculty to create/update their online profiles and personal websites, liaise with staff members to discuss web options.
- Create and update group information and other lists for the Division Personnel Management database.
- Provide proactive customer service to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree or 1-2 years’ relevant work experience.
- Excellent customer service skills including strong verbal and written communication skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Must be helpful, respectful, and approachable. Must have enthusiasm for building strong working relationships and a positive work environment. Must demonstrate flexibility and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient computer skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Must be comfortable learning new applications.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with making travel arrangements and processing travel expense reports.
- Familiarity with databases, basic website design, and graphic design.
- Experience with Caltech administrative applications.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about “EEO is the Law” click here: EEO is the Law
Special Instructions to Applicants