Expression of Interest - Casual Lecturers
The Faculty of Business and Economics offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs and employs casual academic staff to support the teaching of these programs. The Faculty has, each year, employment opportunities for casual academic staff to lecture in its programs. Lecturing roles will be undertaken under the supervision of full time academic staff. Please consider this opportunity if you feel that you have the ability to help prepare the next generation of business practitioners.
Expressions of Interest are invited from appropriately qualified and professionally experienced people to present lectures during day and/or evening sessions. Lecturers may also give tutorials. Appointed casual academic staff are expected to assist with student consultation and the marking of assessments and examinations.
The Faculty consists of four departments. The departments are currently inviting Expressions of Interest in the following subject areas:
Department of Accounting and Corporate Governance
- Accounting Information Systems
- Business Law
- Corporation Law
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Crime/Cybersecurity
- Managerial Accounting
- Taxation Law
Department of Applied Finance and Actuarial Studies
- Actuarial Studies
- Applied Finance
Department of Economics
- International Economics
Department of Marketing and Management
- Business Analytics
- Demography/Population Studies
- HR Management/Industrial Relations
- International Business
- Organisational Studies
Details of units offered by the departments can be found here.
1 - Qualifications
To lecture, applicants will generally have a doctorate, or they will have substantial experience in a significant professional business in addition to having a master degree, doctoral degree or Fellowship of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia.
2 - Recent Experience
Applicants must demonstrate a number of the following in the previous five years:
- Work, consulting etc relevant to the teaching area, including board membership.
- Current professional qualifications that include experience and formal assessment requirements e.g. CPA, CA, ACCA.
- Publications, either academic or practitioner.
- Leadership roles on professional societies or associations, or conference organisation.
- Funding from competitive research grants.
- Senior or executive level academic leadership positions.
- Presentations and workshops for business and management professionals.
3 - Other
Additionally, applicants will possess the following:
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively with others; and,
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with students
Preference will be given to applicants who hold higher, relevant degrees, demonstrate higher levels of recent experience, and have teaching experience, preferably at University level.
Applications must be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae or resume addressing, in clearly identified sections: academic qualifications; professional qualifications; industry experience/work history; and where applicable, publications and teaching experience. Please ensure you complete all sections of the online application form, including the selection criteria questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Where possible, please also upload a copy of your academic transcript for your highest coursework degree.
Expressions of Interest may be submitted at any time. Applicants will receive a response notifying them of the outcome generally within six weeks of submission. Successful Expressions of Interest will be kept on file, and may be considered by departments when a vacancy arises that is an appropriate match to their skill base, disciplinary background, and availability. If you are being considered, you will be contacted by the relevant department. Neither having an Expression of Interest on file, or being considered for a vacancy, imply that employment is guaranteed. Please note that by providing an Expression of Interest for these positions, you agree that your details may be placed on file for a period of 24 months. Some departments may require that you work as a tutor before working as a lecturer
Appointment Type: Casual
Remuneration: Remuneration is in line with the current Macquarie University Academic Staff Enterprise Agreement.
Role Enquiries: Elizabeth Bignucolo on firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about the Faculty, please visit www.businessandeconomics.mq.edu.au
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.
More jobs like this
- Fixed Term Business & Management Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Education Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Business & Economics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney