Assistant Dean for Student Experience
Home to 7,000 students and 500 staff, the Faculty of Arts, Computing, Engineering and Sciences (ACES) brings together creative and technical disciplines including art, design, communications, computing, engineering, mathematics and media.
Our ambition is to be a globally leading exemplar of how challenge-led teaching and learning can transform lives. You will play a critical role in us achieving this goal.
Providing strong, engaging leadership you will oversee the development of a student experience that:
- is inspiring and innovative;
- is consistently of a high quality;
- is distinctive and;
- prepares students for rewarding and successful careers.
You will contribute to university-wide teaching and learning initiatives, working with the PVC for Student Experience and senior leaders in other faculties.
You will demonstrate a track record of:
- enhancing the student experience;
- innovation in teaching and learning practice and delivery;
- curriculum development and;
- leadership on improving performance relating to student satisfaction and employability, and quality review.
Adept at identifying strategic approaches and generating operational implementation plans from high-level strategy, you will also have the ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
A doctorate and higher degree, and fellowship (or higher) of the Higher Education Academy are also essential.
To find out more about working at Sheffield Hallam University please visit http://www.shu.ac.uk/jobs
Closing date: 26 April 2017 at 23:30.