Research Officer - Alfred Health Clinical School
- Part-time (FTE 0.4), fixed term contract for 6 months
- Located at the Alfred Health Clinical School
- $63,521 - $86,205 per annum + 9.5% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence, it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
Under the direction of the study investigator, Ms Rachel Cross, the Research Officer will work on a grounded theory qualitative study seeking to understand the clinical appraisal process during clinical placements in nurse education. You will support the study investigators in tasks associated with recruitment, interviewing and data collection, data management and data analysis and reporting. The study will also require observation of clinical appraisal meetings and the position will be based at the Alfred Health Clinical School.
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (Nursing or Allied Health).
- Evidence of experience in undertaking qualitative research with specific expertise with grounded theory method a preference.
- The ability to work effectively under limited supervision or independently.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
You must either hold or be willing to undertake a National Police Check.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 23 April 2017 by 11.00pm AEST.
Position Enquiries: Ms Rachel Cross, +61 3 9479 6733 or email@example.com.
Position Description below:
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 03 9479 1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.