Postdoctoral Fellow - Australian Centre for Cyber Security
UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting with FREE parking
- FREE Onsite GYM and Indoor Sports Centre
- Strong commitment to staff development and learning
- Strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
UNSW Canberra, through ACCS, drives new paradigms in the practice of cyber security and the education of the next generation of cyber security professionals and researchers. Among our partners in education and research are many federal and state government agencies (including the Department of Defence, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, police forces), as well as commercial organisations and international centres of excellence. ACCS offers a flexible and friendly working environment that is well-resourced. The Centre undertakes innovative teaching and research supervision across our undergraduate, postgraduate and high degree programs.
About the Role:
- Salary: Level A: $71,437 - $95.248 pa (+super)
- Fixed Term: 2 years
- Full Time: 35 hours per week
The Australian Centre for Cyber Security (ACCS) is seeking a motivated Postdoctoral Fellow to join our highly successful team and join a University renowned for the quality of its graduates and its commitment to new and creative approaches to education and research.
ACCS is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow that can work in one of the following areas:
- Cyber Diplomacy, National Defence Strategies, and Civil Sector Resilience: cyber military strategies/operations; cyber diplomacy; resilience and national security planning.
- Useable Security and Privacy: human aspects of security and privacy; computer-human interaction:
- Cyber Intrusion, Detection and Forensics: cyber resilience for embedded system; network security; host and network based IDS.
- Cyber Dependency and Resilience of Critical Infrastructure: critical infrastructure protection and cyber resilience; SCADA and ICS cyber security; mission critical systems; defence cyber-survivability test and evaluation.
The successful candidate will have a passion for cyber security and will possess a relevant PhD.
You should systematically address the selection criteria in your application. To view the position description, please ensure you allow pop ups for the Jobs@UNSW Career Portal.
An applicant may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
For further information about UNSW Canberra, please visit our website: UNSW Canberra
T: +61 (02) 6268 8350
Applications Close: 23 April 2017