Senior Lecturer - Rural Health
Faculty / Portfolio:
Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
School of Rural Health
Rural Health Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland
Fixed-term until 31 December 2018
Pro-rata of $112,789 - $130,054 pa Level C
(plus 9.5% employer superannuation)
- Work at the Gippsland campus
- Education focused position
- Contribute to the education of medical students
If you're after a rewarding career, Monash University can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, combined with a ranking in the top 100 universities worldwide, we offer all you need to build a brighter future.
As the Senior Lecturer, you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the delivery of educational programs to medical students, offering effective leadership, direction and guidance to students. In this role you will focus on the provision and assessment of clinical education and skill acquisition for medical students within the Year 3B Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD) course program (to commence 2018) at Monash Rural Health – Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland (SRH LV&WG). It will include the ongoing development and the coordination of clinical skills teaching and tutorials as well the facilitation of Problem Based Learning sessions to students in their first clinical year.
The responsibilities of this role will be to:
- coordinate and contribute to teaching and assessment activities within areas of expertise including tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, logbooks, student field excursions and other mediums
- contribute to the ongoing design, development and evaluation of the Year 3B MD program at SRH LV &WG, with particular awareness of the needs of the student cohort
- provide support for clinical students in the SRH-LV &WG, including the monitoring of student progress and, where necessary, organisation of remedial teaching activities
- contribute to the educational design strategy of Monash Rural Health Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland through design and implementation of educational innovations
- build the learning and teaching capacity in fellow academics.
As the successful candidate you will have:
- an advanced degree in a discipline relevant to clinical medicine or public health with significant educational/teaching experience ideally from a community or hospital based clinical speciality
- highly developed interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- a demonstrated commitment and enthusiasm for education and teaching.
If you believe you fit this profile, we look forward to receiving your application.
This role is a part-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash jobs"
Associate Professor Joseph Tam, 0400 440 683 or 0418 378 706
Dr Cathy Haigh, 03 9902 7238
Sunday 23 April 2017, 11:55pm, AEST