Coordinator, On-Award Engagement
Scope Global – People Focused Programs
Scope Global is a specialist project management company delivering international development and international education projects and programs throughout Asia and the Pacific. With over 25 years’ experience in managing people-focused programs on behalf of a wide range of clients, we offer extensive international experience and unique program management expertise and capabilities
Our key clients include the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and Department of Education and Training (DET), national and sub-national governments in other Asia-Pacific countries, the Asian Development Bank and various universities and educational institutions.
Scope Global is headquartered in Adelaide, South Australia. With a wholly-owned subsidiary in Indonesia and regional offices in Fiji, Vietnam and Sri Lanka we operate in more than 20 countries throughout the Asia-Pacific region. This extensive international network means we can provide on-the-ground support to program participants and beneficiaries, while providing our clients with access to in-country knowledge, expertise and networks.
We consider ourselves as agents of change: helping people to positively change their world by facilitating international volunteer, study and professional development opportunities and assisting governments and communities to improve the lives of their citizens and members.
An opportunity has arisen for a Coordinator, On-Award Engagement to join the Australia Awards South and West Asia Program Team, based in our Adelaide office. This opportunity would ideally suit someone from the higher education sector who is seeking to enhance or develop their skills in project management.
The Coordinator, On-Award Engagement is responsible for the implementation of the on-award engagement strategy and coordination of return home activities, professional development and networking, and on-award support for Australia Awards South and West Asia scholarship recipients. This position will provide the in-Australia link for the scholarships cycle; providing program support for scholars as they mobilise, undertake and complete their program, and then return home and join the alumni network.
This role is initially offered on a full time, fixed term contract basis until January 2018 with the possibility of extension (subject to satisfactory performance).
The key responsibilities include:
- Management of the on award engagement portfolio in accordance with project management principles;
- Develop and implement an on-award engagement strategy;
- Coordinate and manage events;
- Stakeholder management;
- Monitoring and evaluation of on award activities
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Demonstrated professional experience of the Australian tertiary education sector, particularly with international students.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines, to solve problems efficiently and effectively and work autonomously.
- Demonstrated excellence in client and stakeholder relationship management.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of working effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- A high standard of computer literacy, including the use of Microsoft Office, internet and email; and experience in data entry and data management.
- Demonstrated experience conceptualising, managing and reporting on events.
- Previous experience representing an organisation in a professional environment.
- friendly, positive culture
- commitment to training and upskilling
- competitive salary based on skills and experience
The Job and Person Specification for this role can be obtained from www.scopeglobal.com
If your skills and experience match the criteria and you are seeking a new challenge in a supportive environment, please apply online at www.scopeglobal.com/work-with-us/current-job-opportunities. You will need to upload your covering letter, CV, and address each of the selected essential Job and Person Specification criteria (100-200 words per criteria) through our online portal by end of day on Tuesday 25th April 2017. Please note that, to be eligible for consideration, you must apply directly through the Scope website using the above link.
For more information about Scope Global, please visit our website www.scopeglobal.com
Scope Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will need to comply with our Corporate Policies including Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy and undergo a National Police Clearance.