Student Services & IT Assistant (Sydney)
Salary level: $58,000 base salary + 9% superannuation
CAPA The Global Education Network is committed to academic excellence, integrity and innovation in learning abroad. Our mission is to provide meaningful experiences that challenge and inspire students to analyze and explore complex political, cultural and social landscapes within urban environments. Through our commitment to personalized learning, global connections via technology and collaborative learning communities, we prepare students to live and work in a globally interdependent and diverse world. CAPA The Global Education Network is headquartered in Boston and operates programs in Buenos Aires, Dublin, Florence, Sydney, London and Shanghai.
CAPA Global Education Network runs tailored study abroad academic programs for university students from a diverse range of partner institutions in the USA. In addition to administering all aspects of study abroad programs from seminars and lectures to housing, transport and educational excursions, CAPA also offer students the opportunity to undertake unpaid internships during their semester in Sydney.
The Student Services & IT Assistant will be a part of a small collaborative team within the CAPA Sydney Center. The successful candidate will have a positive can-do approach to all tasks and situations and will enjoy interacting with and supporting university students. The position works closely with the Program Coordinator and reports to the Director of Student and Program Services. This position is best suited to someone familiar with the tertiary education sector, preferably having worked in a student services role. The position also requires well developed IT skills to assist with the maintenance of our existing systems, with the capacity to learn new systems.
Student Services Responsibilities
- Assisting with pre-arrival program preparation, including event management, relevant bookings and transport logistics.
- Assisting with, and participating in Arrival Days, the organization and delivery of Orientation Programs, and all program events when students are in country.
- Opal Card organization and provisioning to students on arrival and whilst in country.
- Meeting with students who are experiencing challenges/issues and assisting with resolution.
- Assisting faculty and students with their adjustment to Sydney.
- Periodical responsibility for the emergency phone – a role shared between 4 staff members.
- Providing local IT support for students, classrooms, faculty and Center administrative systems to assist in the completion of key projects and day to day tasks.
- Regular liaison with the CAPA IT Director (based in Boston) who will provide guidance on troubleshooting and solutions for resolving any local IT Concerns.
- Serving as local contact for key IT partners that are involved with providing tech based solutions for the Sydney Center.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent personal, interpersonal and communication skills with a very outgoing and friendly personality.
- Highly competent administrative and time management skills, with demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Vocational qualifications in IT or equivalent experience.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in Windows 10 Environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2016 and exposure to Office 365.
- Technical ability to configure new devices such as laptops and desktop computers, perform basic hardware repairs and carry out upgrades.
- IT problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and effectively as part of a team.
- Knowledgeable about Sydney and Australian culture.
- Legal right to work in Australia.
Hours of Work:
This is a full-time role. Weekend and evening work is sometimes required, and flexibility with hours is essential.
Additional Information: Weekend and evening work (usually a key dinner) is sometimes required, and flexibility with hours is essential. There is the opportunity to accrue Time in Lieu hours for weekend and evening work. Weekend events are shared, with each staff member on average required for 2 non-consecutive days within an eight-week period.
How to Apply: If you’re looking for an exciting career opportunity with room to grow, please email your CV and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com (please write in the subject line: "Student Services & IT Assistant”).