Doha , QA
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Student Affairs contributes to the educational mission of Qatar University by providing innovative opportunities, quality programs, and efficient services that enrich the students’ learning experience and their personal development.
Qatar University was founded in 1973 and is a member of the Arab Universities Federation and the International Federation of Universities. Qatar University offers Foundation programs as well as Undergraduate and Graduate degree programs to over 8,000 enrolled students. Please visit the QU website (www.qu.edu.qa) to learn more about our degree programs, our research, university facilities, and campus life.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interview and counsel students, individually and in groups.
• Prepare complete case histories required for evaluation and counseling plans.
• Assess student functioning and select and implement appropriate intervention strategies of limited complexity.
• Collaborate with external agency staff to develop and implement counseling and personal development programs for students.
• Serve as team member in providing consultation to University units and departments requesting assistance with staff training and/or program development.
• Conduct personal development programs for students. Participate on program teams and contribute to setting program priorities.
• Participate in needs assessment, program evaluation and student development research.
• May be required to work flexible hours.
• Maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experiences:
• Bachelor's degree in guidance and counseling, social work or counseling.
• 1 or more years of direct professional experience is desired.
• Proficiency in English and Arabic (both written and verbal) is necessary.
1. Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
2. Experience Certificates.
3. At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
1. Competitive tax-free salary.
2. Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
3. Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
4. Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
5. Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
6. End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
1. Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
2. New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.