PhD Candidate in Economics
At the Department of Economics there are two temporary positions available as PhD Candidate in Economics for a period of three years without teaching obligations. This is an educational position which will provide promising research recruits the opportunity for professional development through studies towards a PhD. The position is connected to the PhD-program at the Faculty of Economics and Management and the faculty will be your employer.
The Department of Economics (www.ntnu.no/econ) is one of four departments at the Faculty of Economics and Management. The Department has study porgrammes at bachelor-, master- and PhD level. Research at the Department covers Public Economics, Education Economics, Health Economics, Political Economy, Environmental- and Natural Resource Economics, and Labour and Urban Economics. The methodological core competence of the Department is applied microeconometrics. The Department has 24 employees, among them 11 professors and 2 associate professors. The positions as PhD Candidate are not tied to a specific research area, but it is a prerequisite for employment that the Department has supervisory expertise in the area.
Currently, the Department has 7 PhD Candidates and they do research within Natural Resource Economics, Education Economics, Health Economics, Macroeconometrics, and Finance. The Department has a good and active PhD environment.
The Department of Economics aims at promoting research at a high international level. As part of this, contact with international educational- and research institutions is important. Therefore, the Department encourages the appointee to spend 1-2 semesters at a foregin institution during the employment period. The Department contributes to facilitate this.
Qualifications and personal skills
- Master degree in Economics or Finance, or education to equivalent level.
- Applicants must have a strong academic record from their previous studies, and must have a weighted average grade for the last two years of their master, or equivalent education (equivalent to 120 credits), of B or higher in terms of NTNU's grading scale. Applicants with no letter grades from previous studies must have an equally good academic foundation. Applicants who are unable to meet these criteria may be admitted only if they can document that they are particularly suitable candidates for education leading to a PhD degree.
- You must be able to work independently, have great working capacity, and have enthusiasm for research.
- Ability to contribute to a good PhD environment and working environment in general, will be ascribed importance.
Master students who are in their last semester, but who have not passed their final exam within the deadline, may also apply.
We can offer
- A stimulating academic environment with high quality research
- An open and including environment
- Affordable gym memberships
- Attractive schemes for loans, insurance, and pensions in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
Employment in a PhD position requires admission to the PhD-program in Economics.Information about the PhD-program in Economics is to be found at www.ntnu.no/studier/phsok. You apply for admission to the PhD program after accession.
The PhD position is paid according to salary level 50 in the national salary scheme, minimum gross NOK 432 300 per year, of which 2% is deducted for the State Pension Scheme.
Applicants must within the application deadline submit the following documents together with the application:
- A short project description describing research topic and questions, theory, and methodology. You will revise and prepare the final version of the project description after accession (within siz months) and in cooperation with your supervisor.
- CV and authorized documentation of diplomas and certificates
- Academic work (not master thesis). In case of joint work, you should enclose a short descriptive summary of your contribution.
An application including attachments should be sent electonically through this page.
Further inromation about the position is available by contacting head of department Anne Borge Johannesen, e-mail email@example.com, phone +47 73 59 05 29.
The appointment is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants. The employee is expected to accept possible changes in work tasks. Primary residency in Trondheim is a prerequisite.
It is a major political objective to achieve a balance of age and gender in the national labour force and to recruit people with an immigrant background. Immigrants are encouraged to apply for all positions.
Information about the applicants may be open to public inspection as provided by the Freedom of Information Act.
About this job
- Deadline Sunday, April 23, 2017
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Trondheim
- Place of service Dragvoll
- Jobbnorge ID 136392
- Internal ID ØK-021
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Temporary
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Academic CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!