- Work in a prime Adelaide CBD location and enjoy a diverse culture
- Full-time hours, 12 month contract opportunity with a supportive environment
- Join a Leader in Higher Education; work onsite with the rest of the team
We invite applications from experienced, Masters/PhD-qualified higher education Academic Markers in Operations Management, Financial Management & HRM.
Faculty of Interest: Business
Equivalent to University: Entry Level
Responsible to: Academic Manager (Markers)
Type: Full-time (12 month fixed term contract)
Location of Work: Adelaide CBD
More information: Please call Ella Swensson on (08) 8212 8111
AIB is seeking an Academic Marker on a 12 months contract to join its growing academic team located in Adelaide CBD. The roles are office-based with hours of 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
The role involves assessing AIB students' written coursework and exams as per AIB guidelines and provide constructive academic feedback to the students (where required).
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Adhering to the AIB marking guidelines, assess assignments, exams, project proposals draft projects (where applicable) and final project reports.
- Depending on organisational needs, assist lecturers with a variety of academic duties (depending on expertise and availability), including review / update of learning resources, responding to student queries and forum posts, etc.
- Participate in professional development
- Undertake other such duties as requested by the Academic Manager (Markers)
ABOUT YOU (CRITERIA)
- Minimum of Masters' degree in business or commerce (or related discipline)
- Some academic experience in higher education sector
- Some industry experience (desirable)
- Assessment marking experience in Operations Management.
- Required subject knowledge
- Be familiar with the AQF standards / descriptors
- Familiarity with the assessment setting, assessment marking and moderation processes
- High level attention to detail
- Strong and effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive approach and ability to work under minimal supervision
- Collaborative manner
- Good computer skills including MS Office
Australian Institute of Business (AIB) is a higher education provider which provides accredited undergraduate, postgraduate and research qualifications in Business. Based in South Australia, AIB offers qualifications through an Online Learning model, and its network of international teaching centres.
With 30 years of history, we are one of the most established private education institutions in Australia. We were the first, and are still one of few private providers who can confer the full suite of business degrees, including Master of Management, Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
We aspire to deliver the best for our people and our students. It is at the core of everything we do.
Our work culture rocks – we take every opportunity to celebrate together and hold regular social functions and special events for our people. With a truly engaging work culture, we work hard and have a lot of fun along the way.
We do what we do with integrity, care and we do it well! We care about the little things and we integrate fun in your experience.
For a copy of the position description, please visit: www.aib.edu.au/careers
All applicants MUST provide a separate Cover Letter addressing each key selection criteria in addition to providing a current Resume.
To be eligible for this role you must have the right to work in Australia.
This is a great opportunity to stamp your mark on a successful Institute that has gone from strength to strength and be part of our exciting journey.
Please submit your application to Ella Swensson, Senior Talent Acquisitions Specialist/HR to firstname.lastname@example.org
Suitable applicants will be contacted within 2 weeks of their application.
Please contact Ella on 08 8212 8111 for further information.”