Professor of Criminology
JOB ID: 170164
SALARY RANGE: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and ongoing
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus / Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The School of Humanities and Social Sciences is seeking to recruit a Professor to join a team of established colleagues working in Criminology.
The Professor will provide outstanding academic and research leadership in the area of Criminology and promote the School within relevant academic and professional communities in Australia and internationally.
This will include:
- Initiating and contributing to School and Faculty teaching, research and program development and entrepreneurial activity in the area of Criminology.
- Contributing to service activities locally and internationally particularly in relation to student recruitment and will champion the strategic directions of the School, the Faculty and the University.
- Leadership of teams in teaching and/or research which enhance the achievement of Deakin’s strategic goals in research, teaching, engagement and innovation.
Candidates will have:
- PhD in a relevant discipline.
- Original, innovative and distinguished contribution to scholarship and teaching, research and research supervision.
- An eminent authority at the national and international level in research and scholarship through publication in high quality and impact outlets.
- Success in obtaining competitive external research grants.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Professor Matthew Clarke
Head, School of Humanities and Social Sciences
+61 3 9244 3979
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 7 May 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.