Caltech Employment and Recruiting Services is looking for a Recruiting Coordinator to join our team. The Recruiting Coordinator is responsible for supporting the overall recruiting program at Caltech in accordance with our hiring guidelines and policies.
In addition to partnering with recruiters to provide assistance in various aspects of recruitment from requisition initiation through the offer letter generation, the Recruiting Coordinator (RC) will participate in interviewing potential candidates and building an ongoing candidate pipeline using research, networking, and online job database information. In this role the RC will interact with recruiters, hiring managers, and potential candidates/applicants. The Recruiting Coordinator will contribute to the overall success of the recruiting group by providing a high level of customer service and quality throughout the recruiting process.
This role is a full time temporary position.
• Partner with recruiters to support the hiring process by: scheduling interviews, preparing offer letters, conducting new hire check-ins, etc.
• Create and distribute employment-related documentation (e.g., I-9s, new hire folders and initiation of background investigations).
• Work closely with hiring organizations in all aspects of the applicant tracking system (People Admin) and educating them on employment policies and procedures.
• Prescreen candidates for a variety of skill sets.
• Review resumes of candidates submitting interest to open requisitions.
• Assess candidates to determine whether their capabilities match job requirements.
• Establish trust and confidence by maintaining a high level of credibility, integrity, and skilled communications with managers and staff.
• Attend career fairs and networking events as required.
• Communicate professionally, tactfully, and with the utmost diplomacy at all times, treating all candidates with dignity and respect. Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Two years of recruiting or HR-related experience.
• Demonstrated experience supporting recruiting activities such as interview scheduling, resume reviewing, and job posting.
• Experience with recruiting information/applicant tracking systems.
• Exceptional customer service focus, including attention to producing quality results.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills with superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy.
• Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks and manage time efficiently.
• Self-directed, flexible and detail-oriented problem solver with a strong desire to contribute to the organization’s reputation and success.
• PC proficiency in MS Office, including Word and Excel.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Experience with Oracle and PeopleAdmin.
• One year of experience in a recruiting organization (extending offers, interviewing candidates, etc.).
Supervisory position? No
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date 03/27/2017
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.