Department Name Core Curriculum Program
Qatar University is the national institution of higher education in Qatar. It provides high quality undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare competent graduates, destined to shape the future of Qatar. The university community has diverse and committed faculty who teach and conduct research which addresses relevant local and regional challenges, advances knowledge, and contributes actively to the needs and aspirations of society.
Core Curriculum Program (CCP)
The Core Curriculum courses provide broad exposure to multidiscipline areas such as social & behavioral sciences, humanities/fine arts, natural sciences and mathematics that all undergraduate students are compulsory to take while pursuing their degrees in the University.
The Core Curriculum Program provides an integrative approach to Core Curriculum Education. The Program provides opportunities for students to synthesize knowledge, promotes a deeper understanding of self in the context of Qatar society, and fosters a broader understanding of the global environment in respond to the demands of the 21st Century. Through the CCP, QU students will be well prepared to pursuit a career in their chosen disciplines and be an engaged citizen in both the local and global communities.
The Core Curriculum Program seeks a full-time Assessment Coordinator responsible for all activities related to assessment and accreditation. The primary responsibilities are to develop assessment tools, conduct assessment on student learning outcomes, and produce assessment reports. Qualified individuals will also be involved in teaching, and further development of the program. Applicants must have outstanding experiences in assessment activities at the higher education level. The Assessment Coordinator must also be competent to conduct research and involved in scholarly publications.
Duties & Responsibilities
Teach as required by Qatar University Polices.
Develop assessment cycle and plan for the program.
Provide on-going assistance to faculty in identifying and designing assessment tools.
Coordinate with different departments to streamline and improve assessment needs and activities.
Develop assessment tools in consultations with Faculty based on course needs.
Conduct assessment activities accordingly.
Disseminate and communicate assessment results to relevant parties.
Develop and promote strategies to use assessment results for continuous improvement.
Work in a consultative role with faculty, departments and committees across disciplines.
Communicate effectively on assessment processes and results to concerned parties.
Prepare reports for accreditation reviews.
Contribute to the curriculum through course development and teaching.
Develop and review curriculum and syllabi.
Engage in active scholarship, university, and community services.
Collaborate with colleagues on educational programs.
Actively participate in Faculty Professional Development Program.
PhD in Education (Assessment and Measurement.) or related fields.
At least three (3) years’ experience conducting assessment in university environment.
Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methods and practices to assess core curriculum student learning outcomes in university environment.
Familiar with the forms and practices of assessments required for accreditation.
Experience assessing core curriculum courses or academic program student learning outcomes.
Experience in developing assessment strategies for programs.
Experience in teaching University level core curriculum or general education courses
Strong commitment to student success
Familiarity with inquiry-based learning strategies
Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Proficiency in written and spoken Arabic (preferred)
1. Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
2. Experience Certificates.
3. At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
1. Competitive tax-free salary.
2. Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
3. Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
4. Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
5. Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
6. End-of-contract indemnity.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
1. Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
2. New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
End Date of Advertisment 10-May-2017