Lab Technician - Biomedical Sciences Department
Biomedical Sciences Department
Qatar University profile:
Qatar University is the national institution of higher education in Qatar. It provides high quality undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare competent graduates, destined to shape the future of Qatar. The university community has diverse and committed faculty that teaches and conduct research, which addresses relevant local and regional challenges, advances knowledge, and contributes actively to the needs and aspirations of society.
Qatar University is an intellectual and scholarly community characterized by open discussion, the free exchange of ideas, respectful debate, and a commitment to rigorous inquiry. All members of the University - faculty, staff, and students- are expected to advance the scholarly and social values embodied by the university .
The College of Health Science (CHS) was founded in 2016 following a 30-year success story as a department within various colleges at Qatar University. CHS is the national provider of high quality health sciences education and research in Qatar and offers undergraduate (BSc) programs in biomedical sciences, human nutrition and public health, as well as graduate programs; (MSc) in biomedical science and master of public health (MPH).
The College of Health Sciences aspires to be an internationally-recognized model of excellence with distinction in teaching, research, and community service.
In alignment with Qatar Vision 2030, our mission is to develop competent student graduates duly prepared for careers in health science-related disciplines who will contribute to the delivery of optimal health care.
It is worth mentioning that as members of QU, CHS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural funding for their research ideas. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF)is major source of research funding, with individual project funding limit exceeding 1million/project (5million exceptional projects) along with student research funding programs. As the national and largest University in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most of QNRF awards, with many research- active faculty members able to win multiple grants.
Duties & Responsibilities
Nature and Scope of Position:
This position is responsible for the preparation of labs for different practical sessions in the Biomedical Sciences Program and handle the setup of the chemical stores, which includes but is not limited to: ordering, stocking and distributing of chemicals and supplies, organizing and maintaining the chemical storage area, inventory control and records, maintaining a safe working environment, maintaining MSDS files and other safety information, related duties as required.
Reports to the Coordinator of the Biomedical Sciences Program
Main duties :
- Prepare chemicals and labs for the different courses in the Biomedical Sciences Program.
- Order, store, and distribute chemicals and supplies for university departments and units as required
- Maintain accurate inventory of chemical stores
- Ensure that inventory of chemicals and materials is at an adequate level to meet demand
- Responsible for proper monitoring and disposing of chemicals and chemical waste.
- Maintain and update chemical safety equipment in stores area.
- Organize and record returns of chemicals, and build a separate database for these items.
- Perform other job duties as necessary.
Education and experience:
- BSc in Science from a recognized institution
- Good and demonstrated knowledge of inventory, data base and spreadsheet software
- Able to work with accounting systems
- Knowledge of chemical safety regulations, MSDS files
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a laboratory environment
Non Academic .
- Curriculum Vitea with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.