Researcher - Center for Advanced Materials
Department Name Center for Advanced Materials
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
It has been proven that excellence in teaching and effective research are inextricably interrelated in today’s academic world, and that innovation in programs and classrooms is constantly enriched by those faculty members actively engaging in research. Like in most modern Universities around the world, one of Qatar University's strategic aims is to develop and enhance research that meets its standards of excellence. Our Office is responsible for providing administrative, secretarial, and executive support for all elements of the University's research activities. The Office also manages the University's internal research funding schemes, and all aspects (other than financial) of external grants and research agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform research activities including sample preparation, data / information gathering and interpretation, and findings / recommendations reporting / publishing;
• Devise and conduct experiments to support al-bairaq and research projects and customer’s requirements,
• Carry out field work as needed to inform his research
• Process, analyse results and data; report results and data to customers or others as needed
• Communicate results to the scientific community via published papers
• demonstrated teaching excellence
• Collaborate with industry/academia to apply the results of research and develop new techniques, products or practices;
• Present ongoing work and findings to colleagues at academic conferences, and produce academic posters which summarize the nature of their research, their methodology and their findings;
• Devise or help to draw up new research proposals and applying for funding and grants;
• Supervise and coordinate the work of technicians and research associates
• Conduct workshops / seminars related to own scientific / research field, for educational purposes
• Provide technical guidance / consultation to academics, students, and CAM staff
• Provide technical advice related to the procurement of scientific / research equipment / supplies
• Maintain confidentiality of information at all times
• Develop research objectives and proposals for own or joint research, with the assistance of a mentor if required.
• Perform other tasks as necessary.
• Ph.D in Science/Engineering, related to Materials studies
1. Current Curriculum Vitea.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
1. Returning Applicant: Please login to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
2. New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online System and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
End Date of Advertisment 30-Apr-2017