USP Laucala Campus
The appointee will either be responsible for, or required to work as part of a team, in one or a combination of the following sections of the Library: the provision of library information services to meet the needs of students, faculty staff and general users in a flexible learning environment; acquisition of library materials; production of library publications and other products; training of staff; cataloguing and classification of library materials according to AACR2, the Library of Congress Classification and Subject Headings, and MARC21 in an online environment.
The Person We SeekTo be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A professional qualification/training recognised by an accrediting body such as the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA);
- Relevant work experience in academic libraries;
- Sound knowledge of current library technologies;
- Working knowledge and experience in the use of AACR2 (and an understanding of RDA), LC Classification and Subject Headings, and MARC21;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Appointees must be able to work evenings and during weekends.
- For Appointment at Band 3, applicants must have a Master’s degree in Library Information Science and at least 6 years direct relevant post-qualification experience.
Preference will be given to applicants with experience in Information Literacy programmes; training library personnel at the paraprofessional level; dealing with library users in a multicultural environment; the provision of library services for flexible learning; and library management. Work experience and understanding of life in developing countries will be an added advantage.
The position is available for a term of 3 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Band 2 FJ $48, 388 to FJ $58, 066 per annum
Band 3 FJ $59, 813 to FJ $78, 700 per annum
(Inclusive of 15% Gratuity)
In addition to the above benefits, the University contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme, provides airfare and relocation costs where appropriate.
Enquiries: Elizabeth Fong; tel.: (679)32 32363; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 23 April 2017
How to Apply
Candidates are strongly encouraged to use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Manual applications are no longer accepted.
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.