The position of Psychologist provides mental health services for Colorado State University students. Responsibilities include support of alcohol and other drug treatment services, general clinical services, graduate training, and outreach programming. This position reports to the Director of Specialty Counseling Services and serves as a staff member in DAY Programs.
CSU offers full benefits which include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement programs and more. The University’s Commitment to Campus benefits program offers a wide range of programs, discounts and special benefits available to eligible faculty and staff. For more detailed information about CSU benefits, visit http://www.hrs.colostate.edu/benefits/ and http://www.hrs.colostate.edu/benefits/fap-insplans-new.pdf.
Required Job Qualifications
- Licensed as a Psychologist by December 1, 2017
- A minimum of 2 years experience providing alcohol and other drug treatment services.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and experience with the treatment of individuals with marginalized identities.
- Experience providing mental health and substance use counseling to individuals, couples, and groups.
- Experience working on a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience providing clinical supervision.
- Experience working with college age individuals.
- Excellent written communication skills.
Personal and professional commitment to diversity as demonstrated by involvement in teaching, research, creative activity, service to the profession and/or diversity/inclusion activities.
Job Duty Category
- Provides on-call screening/triage services within a counseling center setting
- Provides behavioral health consultations within a primary care clinic setting
- Conducts intake and assessment services
- Provides individual and couple counseling/psychotherapy
- Facilitates interpersonal process, theme, support and psycho-educational groups
- Responds to campus crises
- Provides after-hours crisis coverage as needed
- Provides outreach, liaison, and consultation services consistent with the mission of Counseling Services
- Provides supervision of assigned trainees in accordance with training policies and procedures
Percentage Of Time
Job Duty Category
Professional & Administrative Reponsibilities
- Demonstrates a commitment to serving diverse populations and underrepresented students
- Assumes responsibility for coordination of a treatment team, clinical service or training area as needed
- Develops specialty/expertise in a clinical or training area
- Mentors new professionals and acts as a senior consultant to staff and trainees
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation for all clinical interactions and consultations
- Attends staff meetings
- Serves on internal and external committees
- Follows agency policies and procedures consistent with state mental health statutes, ethical guidelines, best practices and HIPAA.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Percentage Of Time
Special Instructions to Applicants
Interested applicants should upload a cover letter that addresses how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Applicants needing assistance to submit materials may contact Karen Fox, email@example.com
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Karen Fox, firstname.lastname@example.org
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.