Senior Lecturer - Mining, Civil Engineering
Faculty / Portfolio:
Faculty of Engineering
Five year fixed-term appointment
$112,789 - $130,054 pa Level C
(plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Join the world's elite 100 universities
- Supportive, innovative and creative environment
- Challenge yourself in a dynamic role
If you're after a rewarding career, Monash University can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, combined with an Engineering Faculty ranking in the top 50 worldwide, we offer all you need to build a brighter future.
Monash University is seeking a Senior Lecturer to join their growing Engineering faculty. The candidate is expected to have broad mining engineering experience and must be a dynamic and flexible individual with a strong teamwork ethic and highly evolved communication skills. Demonstrated leadership success and commitment to education excellence, and an industry-relevant research profile and vision is required to fulfil this important role.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- an undergraduate and postgraduate degree in mining engineering or related discipline
- experience and success in developing a dynamic curriculum and in delivering high quality, industry relevant course material
- have demonstrated outstanding academic leadership through an exemplary research profile and success in supervising postgraduate students
- experience in collaborating with industry on development of state-of-the-art technologies and/or course materials.
You will work with the highest calibre staff and students in a collaborative and stimulating environment with state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructure.
Appointment will be made at a level appropriate to the successful applicant's qualifications and or experience and in accordance with classification standards for each level. Applicants with a non-academic background are also welcome to apply.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs"
Professor Jeffrey Walker, Head of Civil Engineering, +61 3 9905 9681
Sunday April 30 2017, 11:55pm AEST