Senior Research Fellow or Associate Professor in Health Economy
6 days left
- Full Time
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Macquarie University's Centre for the Health Economy (MUCHE) is a research centre, established as a strategic initiative to undertake innovative research on health, ageing and human services. Our vision is to create a world where decision makers are empowered with applied, trusted and influential research into health and human services policy and systems. Our mission is to deliver leading innovative research by operating professionally, collaboratively and sustainably.
To this end, we undertake research funded by competitive academic grants, and research funded by government and non-government organisations. Our purpose is to inform public debate, assist decision-making, and help formulate strategy and policy. Our research focus areas include:
- Integrated care
- Mental health care
- Health technology
- Aged care
- Disability care
We are also concentrating our research efforts across system wide functions, such as competition, workforce, funding models, and performance frameworks within health and human services sectors.
Our point of difference lies in our approach to research. We work collaboratively across the University, including the Faculty of Business and Economics, Faculty of Human Sciences, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, and the University's world renowned health research centres, including the Australian Institute of Health Innovation (AIHI) and Centre for Emotional Health.
Our collaborative approach also extends to world leading Universities in the US, Europe and Asia, and to government and non-government partners that are committed to funding independent research on the health economy.
We are seeking a talented Senior Research Fellow or an Associate Professor for a research only position, to conduct original research into health technology assessment, and to act as a senior evaluator within PBAC and MSAC evaluation teams. The successful candidate will:
- Independently develop a stream of research that produces high quality journal articles acceptable to A and A* journals.
- Act as a senior evaluator within PBAC and MSAC evaluation teams.
- Independently seek competitive grant funding and participate in collaborative grant opportunities with Macquarie University research partners.
- Independently seek funding from government and non-government organisations by developing relationships, promoting research ideas, and writing research proposals.
- Build skills and capacity within our health technology assessment team.
- Contribute to external engagement activities including academic conferences, Thought Leadership events, print and social media.
- Develop and lead training programs delivered to government and non-government organisations.
- Supervise Masters and PhD students.
- Contribute to developing and implementing the strategic direction of MUCHE.
To be considered for this position applications must respond to the selection criteria below and attach as a separate document in the application process.
- A PhD in economic, econometrics or closely related quantitative field.
- Experience in undertaking health technology assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to independently attract research funding.
- Outstanding academic record with a strong list of published work in top journals.
- Ability to work independently with high level organisational skills.
- Ability to work within collaborative teams towards mutual goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to represent MUCHE at external seminars and Thought Leadership events.
Desirable selection criteria:
- Has made an independent and original contribution to research with significant impact.
- Proven track record in successfully managing small research teams.
- Experience working with government and non-government organisations.
Salary Package: from $121,953 - $140,246 (Level C) to $146,462 – 161,099 (Level D) plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading. There is also a potential for an additional Salary Loading for candidates with exceptional skills and experience.
Appointment Type: full-time, up to 3 years fixed-term
Specific Role Enquiries: Ashley Soytemiz on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on MUCHE and the role
Application Deadline: 11:55pm Monday, 1st May 2017 (AEDT)
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.