Junior/Senior Research Fellow
The Centre for East European and International Studies (ZOiS Berlin) seeks to appoint
Junior/Senior Research Fellows
for its three main research areas: “Conflict Dynamics”, “Migration” and “Stability and Change of Political Regimes”.
- A completed doctorate in the social sciences (for Senior Research Fellows additional experience or qualifications in an academic environment)
- A strong research record on Eastern Europe/the Former Soviet Union
- A concrete project idea that fits one of the three research areas
- Experience with or at least an interest in communicating research findings to policy-makers and the media
- An interest in actively shaping the profile of a new research institute
ZOiS is an independent, international and interdisciplinary research institute. It was set up in October 2016 and is supported by the German Federal Foreign Office. It focuses on medium-term politically relevant research on Eastern Europe/the Former Soviet Union in an international context. The working languages at ZOiS are English and German.
The positions are available from June 2017 but a later start date is possible.
The positions are offered for a period of 3 years, with a possibility of renewal based on an evaluation. We will also consider applicants who can take a three-year leave from their home institutions. Both full-time and part-time work is possible. ZOiS Berlin offers a family-friendly work environment. The salary will be determined in accordance with the German public sector TVÖD scale (up to TVöD 15). ZOiS is an equal opportunity employer and particularly encourages applications from women and persons with disabilities.
Applications including a CV, a description of a project to be pursued at ZOiS, and a sample publication (article- or chapter-length) should be sent in one file (max. 10 MB) to email@example.com by 23 April 2017. Applicants should arrange to have three letters of reference sent separately to the same address by the closing date.