Research Fellow in Condensed Matter and Quantum Physics
4 days left
- Full Time
Faculty / Portfolio:
Faculty of Science
School of Physics and Astronomy
Two year fixed-term appointment
$81,486 - $87,471 pa Level A PhD
(plus 9.5% employer superannuation)
- Rewarding postdoctoral research position in condensed matter and quantum physics
- Innovative and creative research and teaching environment
- Perform world-class research at Monash University, one of Australia's top research universities
We are seeking to appoint a Research Fellow in the area of condensed matter physics and quantum physics.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- conduct research in condensed matter and quantum physics, study model systems in the ultracold atomic gases that target different aspects of strongly correlated phenomena
- publish research outcomes in high-impact peer-reviewed journals and contribute to high-profile conferences and workshops
- assist in the supervision of Honours and PhD students.
The appointee will have the opportunity to interact with staff of the newly formed ARC Centre of Excellence in Future Low Energy Electronics Technologies (FLEET).
The successful applicant must hold a PhD in theoretical physics or a closely related field from a recognised university.
The School of Physics and Astronomy is strongly committed to improving the diversity of our staff and students, and promoting a culture of equity, fairness, respect and openness. In 2015 the School received a Bronze Pleiades Award – Recognising Commitment to Advancing Women in Astronomy. This is an important first step in affirming women within the School, one that we can build upon, as the University engages in addressing the Athena Swan Charter. Consequently, women are especially encouraged to apply for this position. Monash University is invested in increasing the representation of women in the fields of physics, nanoscience and materials engineering.
Applications from female candidates are highly encouraged.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs"
Dr Jesper Levinsen, ARC Future Fellow, +61 3 9905 9257, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday 4 May 2017, 11.55pm AEST
Supporting a diverse workforce