Lecturer or Senior Lecturer - Business, Banking & Finance
Established in 2003, JCU Singapore offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs from James Cook University Australia. James Cook University Australia is recognized internationally as a leading research university and is ranked among the top 2% universities in the world(ARWU ranking). James Cook University focuses on providing high quality education that is both rewarding and fulfilling for students.
The campus is growing and very friendly and academic staff across the disciplines and administrative staff often interact. At any time, there are students on campus from at least 40 different countries, mainly from the region, but also including a growing cohort from Europe. Singapore is an interesting place to live and provides easy access to other countries in the region. The position offers the successful applicant the opportunity to expand their cultural experience, live in a fascinating and exciting city.
The School of Business at JCU Singapore offers both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Business. Please visit http://www.jcu.edu.sg or http://www.jcu.edu.au for more information. Due to the continuing success of the business programs and the increasing demand for graduates in this field, we are now seeking a suitable candidate for the following disciplines:
- Banking (Preferred) or
- Banking & Finance
The appointee will be an experienced academic and will be responsible for teaching and supervision in post/graduate courses in Business degrees.
*The level of the position offered will be determined by the interview panel.
- A leadership role in curriculum development and teaching.
- Course coordination.
- Supervision of major honours or postgraduate research projects.
- Supervision of the program of study for honours and postgraduate students engaged in course work.
- Research, including, where appropriate, leadership of a large research team.
- Significant contribution to the profession, and/or discipline.
Key Selection Criteria:
- A PhD in Business with specialization in Banking & Finance.
- A substantial publication record relative to career stage.
- Success in obtaining research funding.
- Evidence of quality teaching and supervision of students at under- and postgraduate levels.
- The ability to teach across a range of subjects at various levels.
- Evidence of academic leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relations with colleagues in an academic environment and with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Enquiries: Dr K Thirumaran, Head of Academic Group - Business & IT:email@example.com
Employment type: Fulltime position subject to MinistryofManpowerSingapore jurisdiction and probationary period
Remuneration conditions: Attractive package negotiated with successful applicant-(including relocation expenses, initial accommodation costs)-commensurate with qualifications and experience. Candidates should note relatively lowerSingaporetaxation rates and possibility of annual-wage-supplement equal to a month’s salary at end of calendar year.
Lecturer: SGD77 000 per annum – SGD102 000 per annum
Senior Lecturer: SGD91 000 per annum – SGD121 000 per annum
Method of Application
Applications should provide all of the following:
- up-to-date CV including research record
- full statement of qualifications
- statement systematically addressingthe Selection Criteria
- teaching profile
- recent teaching evaluations
- completed Summary Application Form
Please state position and reference number applying for in subject header and send application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 23 April 2017
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates.The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment.
The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia. The University offers Bachelor & Master Programs in Business, Psychology, Information Technology & Education at the Singapore campus of James Cook University.
*Times Higher Education, World University Rankingsobtainable from