Associate Professor - Clinical Academic
- One of the Asia-Pacific’s leading research intensive Universities
- Strong regional and global engagement
- Cutting-edge facilities and equipment
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The St Vincent’s Clinical School is a leading medical, surgical and research institution which has been at the forefront of innovation in areas such as heart, lung and bone marrow transplantation and which has earned international recognition in the field of medical research and development of new therapies for the treatment of many diseases, including cancer, heart disease, HIV/AIDS, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, arthritis, asthma and diabetes. Located within the grounds of the St Vincent’s Hospital, Darlinghurst, the location comprises of St Vincent’s Public and Private Hospitals, Sacred Heart Hospice, the Garvan Institute of Medical Research, and the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute.
About the role
- $145K-$159K plus (17% superannuation, clinical and leave loading).
The School has an exciting opportunity for an outstanding individual to join the team as an Associate Professor (Clinical Academic). In this role you will be required to advance research, contribute to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training, undertake clinical or service related activities and promote the integration of academic work within the wider health service and community.
As part of this role, the preferred candidate may be eligible for an additional remuneration payment under the “Remuneration Arrangements for Senior Medical Practitioners (Academic)”, that is administrated by the Local Health Network, which is subject to the appointee providing at least 8 hours service per week as defined in the NSW Health Policy directive, and entering into a performance agreement with the Local Health Network as required under that policy.
To be successful in this application you will have:
- Medical qualification and a practising physician (i.e. FRACP, FRCP or equivalent);
- Hold a PhD or equivalent Research doctorate;
- A track record of publications, research productivity at the highest level and an international reputation in their field of medicine; and
- Record of attracting research funding both nationally and internationally is essential.
You are required to systematically address the selection criteria in your application.
You may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
Professor Jerry Greenfield, Clinical Associate Dean
T: (61 2) 8382 2290
Applications close: Friday, 14 April 2017