Research Assistant in Medicine
4 days left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre (NDARC) was established at the University of New South Wales by the Commonwealth Government in 1986 to extend the knowledge base required for effective treatment of individuals with alcohol and other drug related problems and to enhance the overall research capacity in the drug and alcohol field. The Centre is highly regarded, both nationally and internationally, for its contribution to drug and alcohol research.
About the role
- $69,355-$78,478 plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term until March 2018
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The role of the Research Assistant is to contribute to the research and dissemination activities of the Centre of Research Excellence in Mental Health and Substance Use. Specifically, this role will involve working within the Prevention team to assist with the ongoing maintenance, expansion and dissemination of evidence-based information about crystal methamphetamine (“ice”) for the Australian Government Department of Health, and the dissemination of school-based interventions to reduce substance use and mental health problems in young people.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Honours degree in psychology, public health, behavioural or social sciences
- Demonstrated understanding of substance use and mental health issues in Australia
- Previous experience in collection, analysis and reporting of research data
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Cath Chapman, Senior Research Fellow
T: (61 2) 9385 0317
Applications close: Sunday, 2 April 2017