Research Computing Manager (High Performance Computing and Data Services)
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Research is critical to UNSW achieving its goal of improving its standing as a leading research intensive university in the Asia Pacific region and its vision to be recognised globally for its research performance. Research Technology Services are a key enabler for researchers. These services include Research Consulting, Computing and Data Services. Responsibility for these services in the University’s 2025 Strategy sits with the PVC Research Infrastructure as portfolio lead.
About the role
- Attractive remuneration package commensurate with the successful candidate's skills and experience
- Two Years Fixed Term
The Research Computing Manager for High Performance Computing and Data (HPCD) Services will be accountable for establishing and managing the service. This role will also provide subject matter expertise and leadership for UNSW on research computing and significantly contribute to Research Technology Service planning to achieve the strategic outcomes of the University. This role is expected to work closely with researchers to achieve their project goals through their use of UNSW research computing and data resources. About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to work with researchers to apply High Performance Computing or Data Management solutions to research project problems and provide appropriate advice at the departmental or university level including leading or providing significant input into large scale initiatives or investments.
- Significant experience providing user support in a High Performance Computing or Data Management environment.
- Experience in managing a production computing environment or service to agreed service levels including service reporting, developing and using operational plans, and engagements with external suppliers of services.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise in a challenging environment including flexibility in dealing with multiple assignments and working on several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate well with people of diverse backgrounds and computer knowledge. Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills including ability to provide reports, deliver management briefings and communicate technical information to non-technical staff and senior management.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the linked position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Luc Betbeder-Matibet (Director, Research Technology Services)
T: (61 2) 9385 1216
Applications close: 14 April 2017