Industry Liaison - Technology
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The UNSW Co-op Program is the University’s leading Scholarship Program developed by Industry & UNSW as a strategic initiative to attract, train and develop, outstanding young professionals. The Program offers a cohort of high potential students an opportunity to combine academic excellence, challenging, real world experience, leadership and professional development training, mentoring and networking opportunities, all before they graduate.
About the role
- Level 6 ($81,199 - $86,620) – Level 7($89,063 - $93,949) depending on experience plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading
- Fixed Term Contract, April, 2017 – September, 2017 (6 months maternity leave vacancy)
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in an externally focused role, directed at one of the most highly charged & competitive career/graduate recruitment areas in the market today i.e.Technolgy. The Co-op Program Industry Liaison Technology (ILT) role, manages sponsor and scholar partnerships in the Technology space. Spanning the University’s two biggest Faculties (Business & Engineering), the ILT will have the opportunity to work with some of Australia’s leading employers across Business Information Systems; Commerce Information Systems; Computer Science & Software Engineering. Sponsors range from our largest corporates e.g. Westpac; Deloitte etc., to rapidly expanding global business’ e.g. Atlassian and includes exciting, new ‘Start-Ups’. The ILT maintains sponsor and scholar networks & promotes the Co-op Program, in particular Technology programs; contributes to the Co-op Program Professional Development Program for scholars & key sponsor/scholar events. The ILT is also actively involved in the assessment & selection of Co-op Program interns etc.
The successful applicant will have:
- A strong, out-going personality with developed interpersonal skills, capable of communicating effectively at all levels, from sponsor partners to senior academics and students.
- Knowledge and experience of relevant industries and/or co-operative education & development programs would be a real bonus.
- Experience &/or enthusiasm for working in a strong customer focused environment.
- Proven initiative and ability to work effectively as part of a small team.
- Well organised with high level of attention to detail, with evidence of strong record keeping skills.
You should systematically address the selection criteria in your online application.
An Internal Temporary Transfer will be considered for UNSW Staff.
Kay Carey, Manager, UNSW Co-op Program
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: (61 2) 9385 5116
Applications close: Monday 31st March 2017