- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Student Services and Systems is a unit within the Division of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education).
Student Services and Systems (SSaS) is responsible for managing key services that facilitate the entry and progression of students in their program at the University; the administration of key academic governance processes; and systems that support and enable these services.
About the role
- A$81K – A$86K per year (plus 9.5% employer contributions to superannuation, plus leave loading).
- Fixed Term until June 2018
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
- Maternity Leave replacement
An internal temporary transfer will be considered for UNSW staff
The role of the Administrative Officer is to support the Director, Student Services and Systems (SSaS) and ensure all administrative matters are prioritised and handled efficiently and effectively by providing an effective link between the Director and all key internal stakeholders. The Administrative Officer is also responsible for the management of specific projects/initiatives as required and provides office management support for the Admissions office, including purchasing, asset management, and HR administration.
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Administrative Officer to ensure all administrative matters are prioritised and handled efficiently and effectively by providing an effective link between the Director and all key internal stakeholders.
This position will require a capacity to manage a high volume of work with an ability to work effectively with minimum supervision on multiple tasks
Our ideal candidates will have:
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with a proven ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with sensitive and confidential matters
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyse and solve administrative problems to provide accurate and appropriate outcomes
- A strong service ethic and well developed customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to liaise with a diversity of stakeholder and client groups.
- Experience supporting a senior member of staff would be highly regarded.
You must systematically address the selection criteria found within this position description, in your online application. Please note that applications emailed to the contact below will not be accepted, you must apply online.
For further information about the position, please contact Jenny Elam-Rye, Administrative Officer
T: (61 2) 9385 1867
Applications close: 26 March 2017
Please note that this is a readvertised position - previous applicants need not apply.