- Work as part of a team to meet School's objectives
- Full-time Continuing position, Melbourne (Bundoora) location
- $63,424 - $71,423 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 50 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
The College of Science, Health and Engineering comprises 9 Schools and 16 Departments across La Trobe's multi-campus operations. The College offers a range of general and specialist undergraduate and postgraduate courses that are rigorous and attuned to meeting the needs of students in ensuring their readiness to work in changing environments.
About the role
Reporting to the School Administration Team Leader, this position will provide secretarial and administrative support to the Head of School, Director of LIMS and other senior staff within the School of Molecular Sciences. You will work as part of a team to assist in ensuring that School's objectives are met and that University policies and procedures are followed. You will also ensure shared services provided by the College are consistent with service expectations negotiated by the School Manager and College General Manager.
Skills and Experience
- A relevant degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and /or experience.
- Demonstrated high level of written and oral communications skills, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and adjust to varying workloads and to ensure that outcomes are delivered to required deadlines.
- An excellent understanding of, and demonstrated experience in, customer service including high level interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience in the Tertiary sector is highly desirable
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 2 April 2017 by 11.00pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Debbie Buchanan, (03) 9479 2154 or email@example.com
Please address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 03 9479 1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.