Professor of Plant Biology (Education and Research)
College of Life and Environmental Sciences
Professor of Plant Biology (Education and Research) (Ref: R13330)
The University of Exeter is a Russell Group university that combines world-class research with very high levels of student satisfaction. With a vibrant academic community (21,000+ students) we are ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world with 98% of our research rated as being of international quality. This research focuses on some of the most fundamental issues facing the world today.
The College of Life and Environmental Sciences is seeking to appoint a Professor of Plant Biology. We are looking for a person who will offer strong research leadership, with the ability to build and sustain a world-class research programme and to contribute to teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels. Plant biology research at Exeter currently covers plant and algal metabolism, cell biology and plant-pathogen interactions. We are well-equipped with controlled environment plant growth facilities and glasshouses as well as bioimaging, sequencing and mass spectrometry services. For further details about Biosciences at Exeter consult our web site at http://biosciences.exeter.ac.uk/.
- We welcome applications in any area of plant or algal biology, including fundamental science, crop improvement and biotechnology.
- You will be innovative researchers able to evidence a strong funding and publication track record.
- Collaborative, with an active and supportive approach to inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary research that will help to foster interactions and links both within the University and externally with business and industry.
We encourage proactive engagement with industry, business and community partners to enhance the impact of research and education and improve the employability of our students. We therefore particularly welcome applications from academic staff with strong connections and funded projects with business and community partners as well as those who are involved in projects which develop impact.
Please ensure you read our Job Description and Person Specification for full details of this role.
What we can offer you:
- Freedom (and the support) to pursue your intellectual interests and to work creatively across disciplines to produce internationally exciting research;
- Support teams that understand the University wide research and teaching goals and partner with our academics accordingly
- An Innovation, Impact and Business directorate that works closely with our academics providing specialist support for external engagement and development
- A beautiful campus set in the heart of stunning Devon
- This post offers a Competitive salary reflecting qualification and experience, generous holiday allowances, flexible working, pension scheme and relocation package (if applicable).
The University of Exeter is an equal opportunity employer which is 'Positive about Disabled People'. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.