Associate Professor and Group Lead- Allied Health
Vacancy ID: 17018
Job Location: Gold Coast
Work type: Full-time, continuing (ie. full-time, part-time etc)
Salary range: A remuneration package up to $171,853 per annum (inclusive of base salary $131,906-$145,218 per annum17%, employer's contribution to superannuation and leave loading.)
Southern Cross University is seeking to appoint an outstanding academic as Associate Professor and Group Lead for Allied Health in the School of Health and Human Sciences.
The School of Health and Human Sciences provides an exciting and innovative learning environment and works with individuals, families and communities in order to meet their health needs and requirements. The School is distinctive for its multidisciplinary understanding of client care, commitment to the prevention of disease and promotion of healthy lifestyles. The School offers fields of study across a broad range of health-related professions including biomedical science, clinical exercise physiology, diabetes education and management, midwifery, nursing, nutrition, occupational therapy, osteopathy, pedorthics, podiatry, psychology, speech pathology, and sport and exercise science.
The School is based across three campuses (Coffs Harbour, Gold Coast and Lismore) and supports degrees at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, as well as postgraduate research degrees. An evidence-based approach to education is promoted across the curricula.
The Associate Professor and Group Lead Allied Health is a leadership and management position within the School and will be responsible for the effective management and operational alignment of the Schools academic staff. In partnership with the Deputy Head of School, the successful applicant will establish key performance indicators for this portfolio in consultation with the School’s Directors of Research and Teaching & Learning and the relevant professional staff across accreditation and research, clinical placements, and student management.
The successful applicant will have a demonstrated history of achievement in both research and teaching in addition to a strong track-record in innovation leadership.
The successful applicant will actively contribute to a high performance culture in an environment which encourages collaboration and the free exchange of ideas.
The successful applicant may be required to travel between all University campuses in order to undertake their duties.
Required Skills and Experience
- A doctoral qualification in a relevant area.
- Successful track record in academic leadership and/or administration including the ability to lead innovation and inspire excellence amongst colleagues.
- A demonstrated capacity to lead quality course development and a strong track record of teaching excellence.
- Evidence of an established reputation in research as evidenced by publications, success in attracting competitive grants and supervision of PhD students.
- Demonstrated capacity to foster and manage research and research training with a spirit of collegiality in an inclusive environment that empowers staff to perform at their best.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal and communication skills including the capacity to develop strategic and productive partnerships with students, staff, industry, the profession, and the wider community.
- Proven capacity for innovation and adaptability and flexibility in a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity and a working knowledge of equity and workplace health and safety principles in the workplace.
Closing date: Friday, 14 April 2017 at 9:00am (AEST)
To view the full position advertisement and details of the application process please click on the APPLY NOW button below where you will be redirected to the Southern Cross University website. The Vacancy ID is 17018.