Lecturer in Health Policy
Vacancy ID: 17015
Job Location: Gold Coast or Lismore
Work type: Full-time, continuing (ie. full-time, part-time etc)
Salary range: A remuneration package up to $125,912 per annum (inclusive of base salary $89,758-$106,398 per annum, 17% employer's contribution to superannuation and leave loading.)
The University’s School of Health and Human Sciences is seeking to appoint a Lecturer in Health Policy who will work collaboratively with a team of academics to develop and deliver units of study at undergraduate and post graduate level on health policy. Strong skills in online educational technology are essential for this position.
The School of Health and Human Sciences provides an exciting and innovative learning environment and works with individuals, families and communities in order to meet their health needs and requirements. The School is distinctive for its multidisciplinary understanding of client care, commitment to the prevention of disease and promotion of healthy lifestyles, The School offers fields of study across a broad range of health-related professions including biomedical science, clinical exercise physiology, diabetes education and management, midwifery, nursing, occupational therapy, osteopathy, pedorthics, podiatry, psychology, speech pathology, and sport and exercise science.
The School is based across three campuses. The School supports degrees at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, as well as postgraduate research degrees. An evidence-based approach to education is promoted across the curricula.
The successful applicant will undertake a range of activities that may include unit coordination, teaching and curriculum development. The successful applicant may also be required to supervise research students (undergraduate and postgraduate), contribute to the research profile of the School by actively engaging in research, and contribute to the promotion and administration of the School.
The position will be located at the University’s Gold Coast or Lismore Campus, however the successful applicant may be required to travel between all University campuses, within Australia and internationally in order to undertake their duties.
Required Skills and Experience
- A doctoral qualification in health policy or a related discipline area.
- A track record in scholarship at a level appropriate to the level of appointment, as evidenced by publication output, research grants, and supervision of honours and /or higher degree research candidates.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively and as a team leader for educational delivery in health policy.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation and evaluation of online and on-campus curriculum and resources using a flipped classroom model that support and enhance the effectiveness of student learning in healthy policy discipline.
- Currency in the use of contemporary educational technologies and proven, practical experience in delivering health policy material in blended and online environments.
- A capacity for adaptability and flexibility in a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity and equity in the workplace.
Closing date: Monday, 10 April 2017 at 9:00am (AEST)
To view the full position advertisement and details of the application process please click on the APPLY NOW button below where you will be redirected to the Southern Cross University website. The Vacancy ID is 17015.