Lecturer in Healthcare Leadership, Theory and Practice
Vacancy ID: 17016
Job Location: Lismore
Work type: Full-time, continuing (ie. full-time, part-time etc)
Salary range: A remuneration package up to $125,912 per annum (inclusive of base salary $89,758-$106,398 per annum, 17% employer's contribution to superannuation and leave loading.)
The University’s School of Health and Human Sciences is seeking to appoint a Lecturer (Teaching Scholar) in Healthcare Leadership Theory and Practice who will work collaboratively with a team of academics to develop and deliver units of study at postgraduate level on healthcare leadership and development. The successful candidate will also support the Postgraduate Framework Lead on course development and delivery in other health-related areas in the School.
The School of Health and Human Sciences provides an exciting and innovative learning environment and works with individuals, families and communities in order to meet their health needs and requirements. The School is distinctive for its multidisciplinary understanding of client care, commitment to the prevention of disease and promotion of healthy lifestyles, The School offers fields of study across a broad range of health-related professions including biomedical science, clinical exercise physiology, diabetes education and management, midwifery, nursing, occupational therapy, osteopathy, pedorthics, podiatry, psychology, speech pathology, and sport and exercise science.
The School is based across three campuses. The School supports degrees at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, as well as postgraduate research degrees. An evidence-based approach to education is promoted across the curricula.
The successful applicant will undertake a range of activities that may include unit coordination, teaching and curriculum development. The successful applicant may also be required to supervise research students (undergraduate and postgraduate) and contribute to the promotion and administration of the School.
The position will be located at the University’s Lismore campus, however the successful applicant may be required to travel between all University campuses, within Australia and internationally in order to undertake their duties.
Required Skills and Experience
- A doctoral qualification in a health related discipline.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of contemporary health leadership, theory and practice.
- A track record in scholarship at a level appropriate to the level of appointment, as evidenced by publication output, research grants, and supervision of honours and /or higher degree research candidates.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a curriculum developer for educational delivery in online postgraduate healthcare education.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation and evaluation of online curriculum and resources in a student centred model that facilitates and enhance the effectiveness of student learning in healthcare disciplines at postgraduate level.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of contemporary educational technologies and proven, practical experience in delivering healthcare material in blended and online environments including digital interactive content delivery.
- A capacity for adaptability and flexibility in a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity and equity in the workplace.
Closing date: Monday, 10 April 2017 at 9:00am (AEST)
To view the full position advertisement and details of the application process please click on the APPLY NOW button below where you will be redirected to the Southern Cross University website. The Vacancy ID is 17016.