Manager Global Business Development
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The Global Development Portfolio is responsible for making RMIT genuinely global in operations and outlook. Under the leadership of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Global Development) and Vice President, the portfolio:
- leads and coordinates RMIT's global education partnerships,
- identifies, reviews and harnesses opportunities to further enhance RMIT's global model,
- coordinates enterprise-wide fundraising and alumni activities,
- manages global mobility opportunities for RMIT students.
This is a senior leadership role in the Global Development and Performance team. This role leads the business development team to develop, establish and manage business opportunities.
The position involves the initiation, evaluation and implementation of market focussed business strategies that support the sustained growth, commercial viability, increased profitability, public reputation and relevance of RMIT University. It will work with key University stakeholders, including senior academic and industry engagement stakeholders, to evaluate, develop and provide expert advice on global business opportunities.
This role will support the establishment and growth of opportunities, and the guiding of proposals through the University approvals process. It also encompasses managing a business development pipeline, macro project management and oversight of approved, established projects.
The key focus of the position will be on the maintaining and building of core business and the creation of new markets for expansion, focused on the Asia pacific region, ensuring growth in annual revenue, diversification of the partnership portfolio and the achievement of financial targets.
Skills & Experience required
- Demonstrated expertise in account management, business development and extensive knowledge of international markets that exist or have potential for business development in global education.
- Commercial acumen, high level skills in costing projects/programs and providing relevant analysis and advice.
- Experience in fostering and maintaining collaborative partnerships as well as excellent interpersonal and ambassadorial skills including the ability to influence and persuade in a cross cultural environment.
- Excellent conceptual, analytical and research skills and the ability to develop and implement practical and workable solutions whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience and high level skills in concurrently managing large, complex, multi level projects/programs in an international setting, with differing milestone dates, and utilising key project management methodologies and tools.
- Knowledge of the Higher Education and the Vocational Education and Training sectors, both in Australia and internationally and knowledge of RMIT's University strategy.
- Advanced IT skills, especially with word processing, financial, scheduling and project management related software.
To view a Position Description and apply online please go to http://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au/jobSearch.asp quoting job ref #556885
Please scroll down to "Apply".
Applications close on Sunday 2nd April 2017
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
RMIT is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community