Senior Advisor in Philanthropy
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The Global Development Portfolio is responsible for making RMIT genuinely global in operations and outlook. Under the leadership of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Global Development) and Vice President, the portfolio:
- leads and coordinates RMIT's global education partnerships,
- identifies, reviews and harnesses opportunities to further enhance RMIT's global model,
- coordinates enterprise-wide fundraising and alumni activities,
- manages global mobility opportunities for RMIT students.
The Senior Advisor, Philanthropy is responsible for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of philanthropic gifts. Playing a critical role in the Alumni and Philanthropy team the position will nurture strong internal relationships with staff and colleagues to identify opportunities and facilitate inspiring experiences for potential donors
- Build and maintain relationships with individuals, corporations, foundations, and trusts, communicating funding opportunities to obtain philanthropic support for RMIT University.
- Establish and manage relationships with internal staff, identifying fundraising priorities, developing case for support materials and coordinating plans with staff to engage potential major gift donors.
- Develop and implement engagement plans for potential donors
- Manage the cultivation, solicitation of all allocated potential donors
- Develop, implement and monitor an effective program of fundraising activities.
- Write and present fundraising proposals.
- Develop reports and recommendations on fundraising activity and effectiveness.
- Manage finances related to fundraising projects.
- Ensure records held in Raisers Edge are up to date and information input in a timely way.
- Contribute to the building of the Alumni and Philanthropy Office's reputation for quality, exemplary behaviour, coordination and responsiveness.
Skills & Experience required
You must have strong development and fundraising experience in a major organisation with demonstrable success, including cultivation, gift closing and stewardship. You will possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate at all levels.
You must be able to demonstrate your ability to initiate, lead and manage fundraising projects in a complex, environment have highly developed problem solving skills and proven relationship building skills, and ability to work with others. The ability to travel domestically and internationally is required.
An understanding of higher education sector and fundraising environment is highly desirable
To view a Position Description and apply online please go to http://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au/jobSearch.asp quoting job ref #556833
For further information please contact Leith Brooke on +61 3 9925 1284 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close on Monday 10th April 2017
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
RMIT is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
More searches like this
- £50,001 - £60,000 Permanent Business & Management Fundraising, Development & Alumni jobs in Melbourne
- £50,001 - £60,000 Permanent Education Fundraising, Development & Alumni jobs in Melbourne
- £50,001 - £60,000 Permanent Social Sciences Fundraising, Development & Alumni jobs in Melbourne
- £50,001 - £60,000 Permanent Business & Economics Fundraising, Development & Alumni jobs in Melbourne