Media Advisor in Medicine and Health
Job no: 0037329
Work type: Continuing
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Media and Publishing, University Services
Salary: $85,189 - $92,216 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Media Advisor, Medicine and Health sits within the External Relations portfolio.
About the role
The Media Advisor, Medicine and Health, will work with the University of Melbourne's schools, research centres, institutes and partners located throughout the Parkville medical precinct and beyond. The advisor will identify opportunities for media outreach and respond to incoming queries, aligning action and responses with the University's brand position and strategic aims.
The appointee will have a degree with relevant experience, or extensive experience and broad knowledge of the field; or an equivalent combination of relevant professional experience and/or education and training.
- Proven track record of deep understanding and knowledge of medical and health-related research topics, issues, trends and policy.
- Provide high-level advice to staff and stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent knowledge and contacts in local and international media, especially health and medical publishing
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 23 Apr 2017 (extended from 9 April 2017)
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: 20 Mar 2017 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 23 Apr 2017 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time