Personal Assistant and Office Coordinator
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
The Office of Commercialisation and Innovation
The Office of Commercialisation & Innovation, with the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) Portfolio, plays a major role in the identification and protection of the University's intellectual property assets and is responsible for developing and implementing the University's commercialisation strategies and initiatives.
The Office of Commercialisation and Innovation is currently seeking a suitably qualified Personal Assistant and Office Coordinator. Reporting to the Director, Commercialisation and Innovation you will:
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the Director including maintaining the calendar and organising travel
- Be the first point of contact, respond to queries and draft routine correspondence and documentation for matters relating to the Director.
- Organise on and off site meetings for the office including bookings, catering, transport and travel as
- Update and maintain the website for the Office.
Qualifications and Skills
To be successful in this position you will demonstrate:
- Relevant qualifications and experience gained from a combination of experience, training or professional
- The ability to coordinating multiple activities with minimal supervision while meeting competing
- A track record of liaising effectively and confidently with a diverse range of internal and external
To be considered for this position, please apply online with a CV and attach a separate 1 - 2 page cover letter, referencing the selection criteria below:
- Experience providing administration/secretarial support in a complex environment
- Excellent track record of providing exceptional customer service to internal and external clients and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to organise meetings and workshops
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Due to the nature of this position, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal history check.
Salary Package: from $67,625 - $76,886 p.a. pro-rata (Level 5), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Continuing, part-time working 21 hours per week. The preferred work roster is to spread these hours over a 4 or 5 day work week with flexibility discussions to take place with the preferred candidate.
Specific Role Enquiries: Anna Grocholsky, Director, Commercialisation and Innovation on firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 9850 4599
Applications Close: 2 April 2017 at 11.55 pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.