Salary: Per paper fee ranging from £2.50 to £7 depending on word count & daily rate for exam marking parties
Status: Zero Hours contract
Location: Based at home or our Greenford Campus or Greenwich Campus or London Bridge Study Centre with flex
Application deadline: 20 July 2017
About the role
We are now looking for markers who can make a valuable contribution to GSM London assessment process. As a marker, you will mark work in line with detailed marking instructions and in accordance with GSM London policy and procedures. The role will report directly in to the Programme Leader/Module Leader.
The key purpose of this role will be to mark students’ assessments, projects and exams at Levels 3 -7 and ensure consistent application of HE standards when marking candidate submissions.
To be successful, you will need to be degree qualified in a relevant subject discipline or possess equivalent experience, and demonstrate an understanding of your subject area. For Law, you will require a relevant master’s degree and/or be qualified as a barrister or solicitor. You will have a minimum of 2 years current teaching experience in delivering the qualifications at the level you wish to mark.
Marking of online submissions can be done from home, or at one of our campuses (Greenford or Greenwich). You need to be able to attend our London Bridge Study Centre for examination and project marking.
We are looking for candidates who can offer all of the below:
- Marking experience
- The necessary time to commit to performing the role efficiently and accurately
- Mark agreed allocation in line with detailed marking instructions
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent level of written English
- Markers may be required to attend a mandatory markers’ meeting (1-2 hrs) at which the marking schemes and early indications of students’ performance are discussed. A selection of assessments will be marked at the meeting to standardise the marking.
Marking will be available from the 7th of August 2017.
We are looking for markers in the following subject areas:
EAP and Skills
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
- Academic, Professional and Employability Skills
Digital Innovation and Creative Enterprise
- Computing (C++, Software Development, Systems Design, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Graphics, Information Systems, Databases or App Development)
- Creative Industries Management
- Mobile First Business Strategies
Marketing, Events, Travel and Tourism
- International marketing
- Marketing and communication
- Events planning and operations
- Marketing management
- Fundamentals of travel and tourism
- All foundations of Legal Knowledge modules
HR and Management
- Business management
- Strategic management
- Human resource management
Energy and Procurement
- Environmental management
- Oil and gas retailing
- Strategic management
- Oil and gas management
- Energy policies and outlook
- Project management
- Innovation and risk management.
How to apply
To express your interest in this position submit your completed application form (link below) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your name followed by MARKER (your relevant discipline) in the subject line.
Applicants must include a completed application form addressing the selection criteria under the knowledge, skill and experience requirements section of the Job description.
GSM London are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business. Please note you must have the Right to Work in the UK (without Employer sponsorship) to be considered for this role.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
About GSM London
GSM London is an independent higher education provider that has been delivering degree-level education for over 40 years. We have campuses in Greenwich and Greenford and a study centre at London Bridge. Our partnership with Plymouth University means that our students receive a final qualification/degree awarded by one of the UK’s top modern universities.
GSM London is genuinely inclusive, helping our diverse student body realise their aspirations whatever their situation or background. We encourage them to have bold dreams and we focus on employability from day one. We currently have around 7,000 students studying for a range of business-related degrees.