The Lois lab (http://www.bbe.caltech.edu/content/carlos-lois) in the Division of Biology and Biological Engineering at Caltech has an opening for a full-time technician in a biology research laboratory. The position is expected to start around spring-summer 2017. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to work on a research project focused on synthetic molecular biology systems to investigate cell-cell contacts and cell lineage. The research combines techniques in molecular and cellular biology, biochemistry, signal transduction, and transgenesis in drosophila and mice. The candidate will participate in a project in close collaboration with the laboratory head. It is expected that the candidate will pursue her/his own independent project, in addition to occasionally assisting with other laboratory projects.
- Will perform molecular cloning to generate transgenic constructs.
- Will generate and analyze transgenic animals.
- Will perform microscopy image analysis from brains.
- Will perform genetic crosses ion drosophila and mice.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or related field.
- Must be able to use sound judgment to handle a variety of tasks and to shift priorities simultaneously, as well as to effectively solve problems.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff required.
- Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills required.
- Working knowledge of current research in Molecular Biology.
- Some practical experience in molecular biology or biochemistry is strongly preferred.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about “EEO is the Law” click here: EEO is the Law
Special Instructions to Applicants