Under general supervision, works on semi-routine assignments based on established procedures, verbal and/or written instructions where some judgment is required to accomplish tasks and solve problems.
The Athenaeum at Caltech is a very exciting and beautiful place to work, with its private club/country club environment and its upscale Hotel.
For more information on The Athenaeum, please visit The Athenaeum’s website https://www.athenaeumcaltech.com/
For Caltech information, please visit Caltech at a Glance: http://www.caltech.edu/content/caltech-glance
- Sweeps, and mops kitchen and/or serving areas; cleans and sanitizes dish rooms; cleans special areas as necessary daily.
- Prepares three-compartment cleaning system according to sanitization protocols.
- Removes waste from customer dishes and trays; coordinates waste/trash removal and disposal from the dish room and other serving areas; disposes of boxes as appropriate.
- Conducts deep cleaning according to protocols; completes special cleaning assignments (i.e. ovens/grills, vents, walk-in coolers, bathrooms, doors, etc.) as requested.
- Cleans and stores pots, pans, and other equipment used by the cooks; may assist in putting away special equipment.
- Separates customer dishes and utensils according to standard operating procedures; loads and runs dishwasher according to instructions.
- Accounts for and brings back to dish room any utensils, dishes, decorations, equipment, etc. used during events.
- Responsible for storing chemicals and cleaning products.
- Communicates with other kitchen assistants to ensure that all work is accomplished by team.
- Assists others with set up of serving line and/or events as requested.
- May assist cooks in preparing and/or serving food.
- May stock items in coolers, provide ice and/or set-up containers needed for buffets, salad bars, or special events. Removes, checks, and stacks clean dishes according to protocol.
- Restocks dish station and storage according to needs.
- May clean dining room tables.
- May locate and bring special equipment to kitchen as requested (i.e. hotbox).
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Must have some experience working in a fast food establishment and/or restaurant.
- The selected candidate must have the ability to carry a minimum of 50 pounds of cooking equipment, supplies and or restaurant furniture repetitively throughout the day.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- The selected candidate must pass a pre-employment background investigation and post-offer physical examination to be hired for this position.
- Must have in possession or be able to obtain a California Food Handlers Card within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to communicate and understand verbal and written instructions in English.
- Applies somewhat advanced skills in kitchen services using standard procedures, techniques, and/or equipment to accomplish tasks and provide quality customer service.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about “EEO is the Law” click here: EEO is the Law
Special Instructions to Applicants