Recruitment and Sourcing Specialist
Recruitment & Sourcing Specialist.
You will join the Recruitment Unit, part of the Talent Acquisition Centre of expertise in CERN's Human Resources Department (HR-TA) which handles recruitment, sourcing, capacity planning, personnel records, Host State legitimation cards and visas.
As a Talent Acquisition Specialist in the in-house recruitment team, you will take responsibility for handling recruitment processes A-Z in close collaboration with HR Advisors/Partners and Hiring Managers (departmental clients). This role will require excellent interpersonal, communication as well as numerical and analytical skills. Success will be based upon establishing a true partnership with the clients to anticipate and deliver, based upon an accurate understanding of their needs.
- As a member of a team of recruiters, and on the basis of the recruitment needs of the Organization, manage recruitment processes from sourcing through to hiring for a variety of profiles.
- Provide expert advice on recruitment and sourcing matters to HR and clients in other departments.
- Investigate and evaluate new recruitment channels, identifying potential new sources to attract candidates in CERN's specialist fields.
- Nurture relations with current service providers, and identify and negotiate terms and conditions with new partners.
- Coordinate outreach activities and events and provide analytical reports of learning points.
- Make an active contribution to the Staff recruitment Unit's projects and initiatives, to the development of strategies, initiatives and tools in order to provide adequate and timely resourcing of the Organization's staffing needs.
- Keep up-to-date on best practice and latest developments in recruitment and employment markets relevant to CERN and submit proposals where appropriate in order to raise the awareness of CERN as an employer of choice through both modern and traditional recruitment initiatives.
Master's degree in the field of Human Resources Management or related field with relevant experience, or equivalent.
Experience and competencies
The experience required for this post is:
- Demonstrated experience in recruitment and sourcing, preferably in an international environment.
- Proven experience as an in-house recruiter (or in a recruitment agency), ideally in a STEM domain.
- Experience of working with web-based recruitment platforms, applicant tracking systems and tools including media such as video, social and professional networks.
- Experience in employer branding, marketing and the creation of promotional materials.
- Experience in a context of a Talent Acquisition Centre of Expertise would be a strong asset.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Recruitment, including sourcing.
- Marketing, promotion, sponsoring, fundraising: including social and professional media.
- Information content publishing: knowledge and use of applicant tracking systems and other web-based applications.
- Use of Office software packages.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting; taking initiative beyond regular tasks and making things happen.
- Working in teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships; working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities.
- Communicating effectively: expressing opinions, ideas and suggestions with conviction and in a logical/structured manner; keeping to the point.
- Solving problems: assimilating large quantities of information, identifying key issues and formulating conclusions clearly and concisely.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching others to ensure knowledge transfer; questioning traditional assumptions and ways of doing things.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as the ability to draft texts for publications and/ or official communications and to make oral presentations in both languages.
Eligibility and closing date
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 20.04.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position. Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.