Associate Director - Development
6 days left
- Full Time
- Take this unique opportunity in a key leadership role and Create the Future in one of the largest fundraising campaigns in Australia - New Century Campaign!
- 5 year appointment
- Attractive salary package plus 17% superannuation
- Relocation assistance including airfares, relocation allowance are offered where applicable
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
Development and Alumni Relations oversees the University's alumni engagement strategy as well as building on the University's external relations in developing support for the University through philanthropic giving. The Development and Alumni Relations team is undergoing a period of significant growth and activity as it enters the public phase of the University's major centenary fundraising initiative – the New Century Campaign.
The New Century Campaign was launched in October 2013 with the aim to raise $400 million over four years in philanthropic and partnership support to achieve full impact of UWA research and educational vision. As the University nears the completion of this campaign, the Development and Alumni Relations team are currently in search for a highly passionate and strategic leader to drive our talented team of staff!
About the Opportunity
The Associate Director, Development has a significant leadership role in the strategic direction, operations and delivery of a University-wide development program and is responsible for building external relationships with major prospective donors and supporters, maximising the University's philanthropic income for academic priorities and driving the expansion of the University's Development capability particularly during the public phase of the UWA's New Century Campaign. This role has four key areas of focus:
- Leadership and strategic direction
- Major gift fundraising
- External engagement
- Staff development
Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer, you will play a key role in providing a high level of strategic direction to the University development team, lead the major and planned gift solicitation process by focusing on major / principal prospective donors as well as develop and foster long-term partnerships and relationships with the University's senior alumni community and major donors.
You will also be a frontrunner in leading the Development team of fundraising professionals with focus in solicitation and cultivation of gifts and uniting the team around common vision for success in the New Century Campaign.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Substantial experience in major gift fundraising with proven success in securing high-level six/seven figure gifts
- High level skills in influencing, negotiating, motivating and communicating across a large, complex organisation with the ability to build and manage relationships at a senior level
- Ability to provide high level, effective leadership, motivation and direction to significant teams of staff
- Professional skills and knowledge of development in higher education and an understanding of major international and national development trends
- Experience in development program management including major gift work, annual giving programs, bequests, sponsorships, stewardship and policy development
- Ability to determine long term planning and key strategic direction and excellent conceptual and analytical skills
With your extensive management and leadership experience in major gift fundraising, you will have outstanding interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of stakeholders and supporters including donors, volunteers and friends of the university.
You will have a strong ability in determining long term planning and key strategic direction and excellent conceptual and analytical skills. Previous experience in the higher education sector or related field of fundraising is highly considered.
Closing date: Friday 31 March 2017
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 307846.pdf
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.