Lecturer in Politics, Philosophy & Economics
- Develop an innovative and engaging curriculum
- Full-time, continuing role based at our Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $90,748 - $107,758 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
In this role you will develop innovative course curriculum, teach and undertake relevant scholarly work within the Politics, Philosophy and Economics degree and as listed below but not limited to:
- Development of subject material for the PPE degree;
- Delivery of lectures, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, clinical sessions and studio sessions;
- Design and maintenance of on-line provision, including assessment, blended learning activities, on-line tests and discussion groups;
- Undertake subject leadership including all external and internal marketing of the degree;
- Core involvement in course level curriculum design, development and review;
- Involvement in professional activity including relevant disciplinary associations;
- Contribute to a robust and ambitious research culture, including demonstrated capacity to contribute to department's research targets.
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this role you will have completed a doctoral qualification in Politics, Philosophy, Economics, or Political Economy. Demonstrated competence in teaching and curriculum development is essential. Your research will demonstrate evidence of high quality and high impact. The ability to contribute to the research profile of the department is essential. The capacity to act as a subject co-ordinator is also required. You must also be able to work collaboratively with others and possess strong communication skills.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 14 April 2017
Position Enquiries: Dr Gwenda Tavan, Head of Department of Politics and Philosophy +61 3 94791287 / email@example.com
Position Description below:
Please address Key Selection Criteria from the attached position description and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Kerryn Harbert, Recruitment Advisor +61 3 9479 1623.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job no (552147) under current vacancies.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
More searches like this
- Permanent History, Philosophy & Theology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Australia
- Permanent Politics & International Studies Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Australia
- Permanent Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Australia
- Permanent Arts & Humanities Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Australia