Accounts Assistant - Clinical Trials
3 days left
- Part Time
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing the Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
In Macquarie's newly established Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences you'll join leading researchers, passionate educators and internationally respected clinicians, united in a mission towards delivering the best patient care. Home to the Australian Institute of Health Innovation and Australia's first fully integrated academic health sciences centre, we are a place of bold discoveries and distinctive educational programs that embolden the future leaders of healthcare.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
Reporting to the Faculty Finance Manager, for a job-share opportunity of 2 or 3 days per week. This role will be responsible for assisting the Clinical Trials team to review statements and arrange invoices relating to external clinical trial sponsors. Specific tasks include:
- Create and maintain tracking templates per clinical trial to capture fees to be invoiced and patient visits in accordance with the trial contract.
- Receipt statements from external clinical trial sponsors outlining chargeable items relating to each trial and/or follow up with sponsors where statements have not been received.
- Work with the Clinical Trials Manager to issue invoices to clinical trial sponsors through the Faculty Finance team.
- Follow up and liaise with sponsors to resolve discrepancies between statements from clinical trials sponsors and internal records to ensure invoices are sent out on a timely basis.
- Respond to and resolve or escalate, queries from sponsors regarding invoices.
- Investigate and rectify billing errors from vendors.
- Maintain and update clinical trials revenue and expense reports.
For further information regarding this role, please click here to view the position description.
To be considered for this role, applicants must submit their CV and a cover letter indicating their preferred days and outlining their suitability based on qualifications and/or previous experience relating to the following selection criteria:
- Well-developed computer skills in data base management, MS Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential patient information
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Previous administrative experience, preferably within finance or accounting
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Knowledge of medical/scientific terminology
- Exposure to Medicare
Note: This position requires a criminal record check
Salary: from $62,021 – $66,845 pro rata p.a (HEW 4) plus 9.5% employer's superannuation.
Appointment Type: Part-time (2 or 3 days per week), 12 months fixed term
Enquiries: Daniella Oreskovic on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 11:55pm on Sunday 1 April 2017
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.