Professional Development Project Coordinator
- Opportunity to develop your project management and stakeholder relationships skills
- Work within a supportive and innovative team culture
- Full-time, fixed term for 9 months
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
The Learning Innovation Hub within the portfolio of Pro Vice-Chancellor, Learning and Teaching, supports and services the University community to inspire, promote and lead transformations in education. This encompasses a number of strategic and operational activities intended to assist the University in enhancing: academic practices and professional development; student engagement and experience; teaching and learning environments; technology enhanced learning and teaching, including blended and fully online delivery; and, research and scholarship associated with teaching and learning.
We are seeking for an experienced and enthusiastic project coordinator to be part of Learning and Innovation Hub project team. The successful candidate will support the Quality Assurance and Professional Development Lead in the development and implementation of Learning and Teaching professional development and professional recognition programs aligned with the objectives of Macquarie's Learning and Teaching Strategic Framework. Reporting to the Quality Assurance and Professional Development Lead, you will:
- Develop and manage professional development programs including scoping and coordinating the development of Macquarie University's participation in the Higher Education Academy Fellowship program;
- Collect data and develop a prospectus for Macquarie University's participation in the Higher Education Academy Fellowship program;
- Identify, liaise and build relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to gather data for project objectives, document requirements, analyse and interpret data and promote professional development and professional recognition programs;
- Monitor and track expenditure against project budgets.
To be considered for this position, please apply online with a CV and attach a separate cover letter, referencing the selection criteria below:
- Degree with relevant experience in the area of professional learning or organisational development and/or events management, and/or extensive experience in these areas combined with relevant education/training;
- Experience in coordinating multiple projects, programs while working to competing deadlines;
- Experience in collecting and analysing data and producing reports;
- Experience in developing project plans, communication content and writing reports;
- Strong stakeholder engagement experience, including communicating with a range of key internal and external stakeholders and influencing decision making;
- Experience working in a tertiary working environment.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
Salary Package: $87,699 – $95,084 p.a. (HEW Level 7), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Full-time, fixed-term for a period of 9 months, with a possibility of further extensions subject to funding.
Enquiries: Cathy Rytmeister, Quality Assurance and Professional Development Lead on (02) 9850 9719 or email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday 2 April 2017 at 11:55pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.