Teaching Scholar in Construction Management
JOB ID: 170098
SALARY RANGE: $71,094 to $97,483 pa pro rata (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time (18.22 hours per week) and continuing
LOCATION: Geelong Waterfront Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Teaching Scholar will be required to bring industry-related experience into the teaching and teaching related work in the area of construction management.
This will include:
- Teaching in the area of construction management at the undergraduate and postgraduate level that is consistent with the University’s principles of teaching, learning and the student experience.
- Developing learning environments that are flexible, student-centred and accessible, utilising appropriate technology.
- Participating with senior colleagues in developing and maintaining links and partnerships with industry and the wider community.
- Undertaking appropriate administrative and other teaching related tasks.
- Degree in a relevant field or equivalent qualifications and experience (may be required to hold a relevant higher degree).
- A post graduate qualification in construction management fields.
- At least one year’s academic employment experience in an Australian university, excluding continuing appointments.
- Ability to contribute effectively to the Faculty’s undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs in a manner that influences, motivates, and inspires students to learn.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Anthony Mills, Tel: +61 3 5227 8302, Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 9 April 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefit
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.