Lecturer or Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor - School of Human Science
School of Human Sciences
- 1 x tenurable appointment (Teaching & Research)
- Salary range: Level B $96,210 - $114,250 p.a. or Level C $117,857 - $135,900 p.a. or Level D $141,910 - $156,343 p.a.
- Level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
The School of Human Sciences is seeking to appoint an early-career individual with the potential to make a significant contribution and enhancement to the School's existing research and teaching strengths related to gross anatomy and histology. Applications from candidates seeking a fractional appointment will be considered.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- A PhD or equivalent
- Relative to career stage, an outstanding research track record with a defined research program, grants, and publications in the area of anatomy
- Relative to career stage, an ability and willingness to work collaboratively in research, preferably with existing National and International ongoing collaborations
- Relative to career stage, a demonstrated ability and willingness to supervise research students at Honours and Postgraduate level
- Relative to career stage, an ability and willingness to develop, coordinate, and teach units collaboratively within the School's teaching programs
- A demonstrated ability and willingness to relate well to fellow staff and students and evidence of a commitment to equity and diversity principles
- Demonstrated commitment to pursue best educational practices using innovative teaching methods
Benefits include 17% superannuation, generous leave provisions and relocation to Perth (if applicable) for appointee and dependents along with a removal allowance. These and other benefits will be specified in the offer of employment.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is a member of Australia's prestigious Group of Eight and ranked among the top 100 universities in the world with a broad and balanced coverage of disciplines in the arts, sciences, and major professions.
For the past 100 years, UWA has contributed significantly to the intellectual, cultural, and economic development of the State of Western Australia and the nation as a whole.
About the School
The School's research and teaching foci encompass a broad range of areas spanning the science of being human, from the level of species and populations to cells and molecules, with a major focus on function and performance. The teaching-research nexus is strongly emphasized, with a wide area of research interests ranging from biomechanics and sports science to stem cell biology. In the 2017 QS World University Rankings, UWA was ranked 13th in Anatomy and Physiology, and in the 2016 Academic Ranking of World Universities UWA ranked 17th in Sports Science.
The School is home to the newly established Preclinical Intensive Care Research Unit, the world famous SymbioticA science / art collaboration, and the WAIS Centre for high performance. The holistic approach also underpins our strong teaching programs in science and biomedicine, which are provided primarily by staff involved in both teaching and research. Further information about the School's research and teaching profiles is available at http://www.shs.uwa.edu.au/
The School of Human Sciences has purpose built Dissecting Rooms with state of the art storage and facility for dissection and prosection for large classes or individual work. The School is the host for the successful body donation program that facilitates our teaching in science, medicine, and many other disciplines.
Closing date: Sunday 14 May 2017
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button. Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate that they meet the selection criteria.
A teaching portfolio is recommended evidence of teaching experience.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 316289.pdf
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.